MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd get more interest in here.

I'm currently de-wipering the zed as we speak. However, I'm stuck with the water tube. What do I do with that? Does it come off? Doesn't look like it does.. Should I Stanley it?

Cheers

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
I just blocked mine up with something and taped it up so it doesn't leak in the boot.

Just remember to never turn the rear wash jet on ;)

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does it remove itself from the motor. I.e. can I get the rubber bit fixing it to the motor off? Or do I have to cut it with scissors / stanley blade then patch it up?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
Does it remove itself from the motor. I.e. can I get the rubber bit fixing it to the motor off? Or do I have to cut it with scissors / stanley blade then patch it up?
tbh I would find a bolt/screw of the correct size and insert it into the end, then tape + tiny jubilee clip to ensure a tight fit.

Cutting = :(

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
From what I remember it just pops off mate. Then bung it up with something like a screw/nail and tape it in :)

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right so i've got the motor hanging by the water thing. And the end doesnt wanna come out.. Looks like a job for Mr. Stanley...

·
Registered
384 Posts

Just this just pull out the side, does the whole rubber bit come out?
The tube itself seperates if memory serves me right. Can't really remember but try that. The rubber bit of the tube should just come off the plastic bit. To the left of the area you have circled.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Managed to get the motor off. Everything is sitting in a plastic bag.

Now all I need is some gel to make it waterproof... I'll do that another day (Please don't let it rain!) and to fit the cap.. two man job. Too fiddly for my wee hands!

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
yep sure does...done mine not so long bk...just pulls off...then i wrapped an elastic band round it few times ...very tight!

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
I kept mine on, folded it over and sellotaped it up.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just left the tube dangling. Somewhere in it there was a blockage so I really saw no point lol. Looks good. Blends very well into the black window. Thanks Rory!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts