MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back in March I had the misfortune to have an accident in my beloved zed.
Anyway it went off to the insurance to be sorted, not a problem there the work was done and I was mobile again within the week.

However I recieved a letter on Friday from my insurance company telling me the other party has offered 50/50 to settle the claim.

Arggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh. :twisted: :twisted:

I tell you it just takes the piss. I was on the roundabout turning right (indicating I might add), and this complete dick in a car pick up truck pulled out on me and cut me up and took the front passenger side and bumper.
As we all know according to the highway code he was in the wrong, as you should give way to traffic already on the roundabout coming from the right.
Apparently my solictor doesn't think I have a case to answer for and has advised me to go with the offer, if I don't they reckon my legal protection will be revoked and then I will have to pay for the costs myself.

I phoned the insurance company and they believe I have a case and will pay for my leagl expenses so fuck knows what the solictor is on about. Obviously they can't be bothered to fight my case.

All I can say is it looks like I will be having my day in court, thanks to the insurance and not my lazy solictor.

I just had to share as I am so pissed off about this.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH !!!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Sounds like a bloody nighmare!! Really doesnt sound like it was your fault at all!! Hope you get it sorted asap!!

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Do you have a reliable independant witness willing to testify in court under oath?

If not, going to be very difficult to prove who is at fault even with damage/skid marks etc as it will all be deemed circumstantial eveidence and not admissable!

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
Sounds like your solicitor can't be arse'd to be honest, it looks like the usual fob off. Change solicitors mate, it helps if you have some witnesses aswell that way the other driver doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Keep saying to the solicitor 'what would have happened if someone was sitting in that passenger seat at the time?'

You right about the highway code on roundabouts and its also the law, its the same as if pulling out of a side road, the driver on the main road ALWAYS has right of way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers peeps.

Unlucky for me nobody stopped, so no witnesses. :argh:
However spoke to the insurance company again and the tosser reckons he was going straight over the roundabout according to his statement. As I pointed out, if that was the case there would have been no need to cut me up and he wouldn't have been anywhere near me.
They are going to send me a copy of his statement so I can make comments. I wonder what other lies he has been spinning. :-k

I'm off to the roundabout later to take pictures for evidence (as advised by my insurance) and possibly off to the planning office tomorrow to see it I can get a copy of the road layout. I guess it will all help with my case.

And as side issue they are not happy with my solicitor, I am going to send them a copy of the letter as they don't normally recieve one. Looks like I could end up with a new one, hopefully someone who will fight on my behalf. Fingers crossed [-o<

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dR0Og said:
Hope you get it all sorted soon as I know from bitter experience these things can have a habit of dragging out
Ta. :)
I'm hoping it won't take to long, but am expecting it to drag. I have already prepared to last the distance on this one.
The last accident my mom had it took 3 years to sort out, on the plus side she won in the end.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Still waiting I'm afraid. :wallb:

I took pictures of the island and sent them off along with my comments on the other guys statement. So I just have to wait an see what they come back with.

On the plus side the photo's I took prove that the other guy was not telling the entire truth in his statement so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I'll let you now how I get on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts