MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Shorty Got Low
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know were i can get this foir free or a equally good antivirus program???

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
i used to have avast but now on avg

i would have kasperski if i could afford it

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
I needed a new antivirus and read up on the newest offerings, Avira scored top or close to top on most review sites i looked at, the personal antivirus edition is free as well.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
i used to use avg but there where a few virus it could't get rid of and my computer allways run slow with it.now use avast and computer is spot on and all virus have gone.both where free from download.com

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Everyone slates Norton but ive allways found it good tbh :)
Norton is a good anti-virus.. It's just all the background programs that eats you're RAM that makes it crappy. AND it's hard to uninstall.

I used to use Avast and Kaspersky. Couldn't find a fault with either to be honest. Avast was free and I have the Kaspersky CD laying around somewhere.

·
Registered
500 Posts
hi there i work in IT and cover the whiole network with AVG network edition AVG can be downloaded from www.avguk.co.uk with a 30 day trail and then its like £40 for the year with priority updates.
it scans spyware, virus, and rootkits and you can use the sceduler to work your way
AVG free can be downloaded from www.downloads.com the last time i looked just search for avg in the search banner, the only drawback with the free one is you can scedual a scan and update once a day or every few hours but its not as flexible as the paid version for obvious reasons.
AVg in my opinion is onre of the best virus spyware etc packadges that dont use up so much of your computer resourse i have also advised mnay friends to use AVG and they dont have problems
When you scedual a virus scan you can select the priority of computer resources it uses.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
500 Posts
also norton works on the block all and allow later and you find half the time can cannot get online or to certain websites until you un block them
avg has a add in called web shield which scan websites when you use google for example.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts