MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my quote thru the other day for my renewal, on the quote it had given me 3 yrs no claims, but because the other party who hit me a couple o months ago havnt admitted liability yet (but they r gonna :evil: ) i thought i would have zero no claims, so i phoned up my insurers (highway thru adrian flux) who said that they only knock someone back two years in this sort of situation?!?!?! is this normal??

looks promising for the claim tho as the lawers say the other parties insurers havent disputed a thing yet an the claim went in bout 2 mnth ago i think \:D/

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
i think they're all diff tbh mate.

i'm insured with highway thru directmotorline and they've been really good. They gave me an extra 2 yrs ncb when i first went with them as i had none thru driving on mums ins. Then when i crashed i had 4 yrs ncb (inc the xtra they gave me) it was a fault claim but they only took 2 yrs off. They told me that was something they do to keep customers but that if i went anywhere else i wouldn't have any!

So basically i think its up to each company! :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yes.

An accident on full no claims takes you back to either 2 or 3 years depending on the insurance company. It should never drop you to zero.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
excellent cheers guys, still looks like the claim is goin my way, thank f**k, still seethin when i think bout it, dozy bitch could only stare at my car when we got out!!! grr :evil:

cheers again for clearing things up!! think i will be stickin wi highway anyway, cos no-one seems to be able to get close to them!! :D

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
but get your claim sorted out quickly though.

i was with CIS when i had my SR written off, not my fault, but CIS paid out for me. i went and got my GSi, and they were happy to carry the insurance on till the renewal date in December for an extra £400! :eek: didnt think much of it really, then my renewal came through, they quoted me £2k for the same car that worked out at being £1200 in total after the extra. it turned out that they still thought that i had made a claim and that i hadnt got any N/C because of the legal company that had sorted out the little problems i had, hadnt told them it was sorted out.

becareful with what the companies do.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I can't remember where I saw it but there is a chart of what happens to your no claims. Basically once you have a couple of years you don't lose it, it just drops. I.e. 5 becomes 4 etc. etc.

Which is why protecting your no claims is a bit tosh really

1 - 6 of 6 Posts