MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
had the car 5 weeks now and spent £1000 to get more power , im heading for 250bhp so im concidering Nitrous Oxide as one of my opitions, do any of you use a wet system in fact do any of you use Nitrous Oxide , i am very interested in fitting one of these kits, but wot do you think,

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hummm im off to get me a 75 wet kit, should be able to tweek it up with the uni chip to brake the 250 mark,

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the uni chip has already made great changes in power and is still being tweeked , as it is a unichip it can be remaped as and when you make any mods im hoping on the rollers with the 75 wet kit 250 will be possible,

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
if your planning on modding that high you should of either dumped the engine (they explode around the 200bhp mark from what i have been told) or brought a 120 as your gonna have to ditch the VVC anyway!

there was a NoS'd up ZR for sale on Ebay ages ago but it was not connected, the only way to get 250 bhp would be to use some one like Forge and have a rebuilt engine with either a Super or a tubo fixed in! these cost about 6k if i rember correctly

also that kinda power will need a better transmission and brakes plus all the added bits you can never rember til you need them!

good luck though!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
arhhh yes thats why im thinking nos as i can run round most of the time undesurbed,(if ya know wot i mean ) if i start portting heads and changing cams it will make the car undrivable , my mr2 got to this point and its not really fun to drive as its down to 12 mpg and pops bangs and cuts out at the lights , its really a track car , however the zed is a nice car to drive but the nead for speed is tapping on me arm again ,

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Maddsy said:
just 1 word for you to consider....

RELIABILITY
lol, I thought u were going to say....

Police.

Wouldnt try it myself, but I'd love to see it done :cool:

·
4,103 Posts
well good luck!!!

i wanna have over 300 lil ponies from my lil 1.3 before next year is out but will have to see waht happens!

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
personally, i'd go for the engine being "modded" to take the N2O. i dont know how the throttle is done on the Zed's but i know a friend of mine is running a cav, full sorted engine, with either 50 or 75bhp shot of n2o on a throttle switch that can be disarmed, so at least you can save on the n2o!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You just watch them oil feeds on that little wankel, my mates rx7 went pop at 320bhp with hks up grades (proper done too) because of an oil feed problem that they seam to say was a "bit of a week area" bit late telling ya that after, only 22000 miles on the clock and a £4k bill to sort it,

·
4,103 Posts
cheers! looking at maybe nipping over to the Tokyo Motor show next year to take a gander

but at the mo i am more intrested in the blitz Supercharger rekon 280bhp at low pressure! but that alone looks like 4k!

·
455 Posts
Mickeyblu said:
well good luck!!!

i wanna have over 300 lil ponies from my lil 1.3 before next year is out but will have to see waht happens!
1.3 wankles. . . dont you have two of them?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Mickeyblu said:
as your gonna have to ditch the VVC anyway!
And what do you base that on?

There are a few VVC's well into the 200's now with the mech's still in place and running fine.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ive spoken to alot of people to day about this and so far they see no problem in it running 250bhp on nitrous as its only short burst ,the key is getting the nitrous to come in on a smooth power increase, which so im told can be done with the correct electronics, this will work along the standard ecu, but the price is going up , im at £1.500 at the min + fitting and set up the question now is, is it worth it to have a 250bhp zed on 19"s , \:D/ the other driection is to super charge the motor to give (im told) 220bhp , but this will in turn meen head work and a £4k bill. but the + side is its there all the while you dont need to fill the tanks up and because its super charged you get 0 lagg off the boost .

1 - 20 of 40 Posts