MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there, im just in the process of buying/swapping my current car for a MGZR look-a-like turbo.

This will be my first MG so im not very clued up on them. Could you please have a look at this car and give me your views?

http://pistonheads.com/sales/551431.htm

Hopefully if its ok i will be getting it and slowly making it into a track toy.

Thanks
Lee

·
OEM +
19,034 Posts
welcome, its deffo different and tbh in a way i like it, imo maybe get the AA to go out and check the engine and the whole car over before you buy it

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
I would be wary. The guy has deceived the DVLA regarding not notifying them of the engine change. Makes you wonder what else he is willing to deceive people over!

It is showing up on the insurance database as a rover 25 advantage so he has also deceived his insurance company and the car is technically not insured either.

Just dropped a line to DVLA along with all the links. Not being a killjoy, just fed up having insurance hikes with people committing fraud all the time.

Not getting at the thread starter, just the clown selling the POS.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies, im talking myself out of buying it i think, ive been put off alot by friends in the motor trade.

He says Corten miller lost the cold start settings when it was remapped, seems a bit dodgy that a well known tuner would do this and not repiar it if its there fault?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Why not? I was asking wether it was worth buying and got no decent answer so i took a chance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts