MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all i'm nick am 21 from goole in yorkshire. driving a 206 gti at the min but thinking of trading it in for a zr.always liked the look of them and rising fuel costs are crippling me, so going for the 1.4 zr, i can get 400 miles to a tank out of the 206 but thats driving at 60 on the motorway-60 mile to work n back using £50 a week

just need a few helpful answers

anyone else with the 1.4, how far does £50 get you? i have read a few people on here doing 300miles??? that driving like you stole it?

basically anyone drive on the motorway for long distances get good returns if not will be no point getting one and loosin the power i have now

thanks guys

hope to be a regular member

·
Banned
14,064 Posts
£50 in my car last about 1.5 to 2 weeks (dependant on how u drive obviously!) which i think is great for a quite nippy car ! go on do it u know u want to!

Welcome by the way!

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
welcome i have a 105..i put £48 in mine got from leeds to hull to scarbrough back to leeds...on bout half tank wasnt too bad at all good economy!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks everyone for the quick replys

is there a trip computer on board? my pug tells you mgp,avg speed,miles left in tank etc.thats another plus point if there is so £50 will be about 500 mile then? mainly motor driving like. cant wait for wednesday now when i go test drive

·
Banned
14,064 Posts
the other week i did london to cambridge, cambridge to london, london to maidstone, maidstone to london, maidstone to london, london to cambridge, cambridge to london.

580 miles - £50 spent in petrol! driving at 80mph most of the way, cant get any better than that

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
hello. The 1.4 is actually deceptively thirsty so don't let the engine size fool you. It should be better than your 206 gti but if you really want good economy get a TD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
the other week i did london to cambridge, cambridge to london, london to maidstone, maidstone to london, maidstone to london, london to cambridge, cambridge to london.

580 miles - £50 spent in petrol! driving at 80mph most of the way, cant get any better than that

thats gr8 that and its the 1.4? you keep it serviced?

·
2.0 GT T-bar :D
3,305 Posts
The best i have had to date is 330 miles to a tank but im going to lose the open cone i have.. think that can make things worse.. and its getting serviced to :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The best i have had to date is 330 miles to a tank but im going to lose the open cone i have.. think that can make things worse.. and its getting serviced to :)

lol this is what puts me off getting 1 when i see 330 miles to a tank! especially when i can just get 400 outta mine,but is this just a 1 off or many people experiance this?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts