MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My poor iccle car failed its mot and I quite fancy getting a yellow ZR . . . suggestions what to look for what to avoid etc as, well, I have no idea!

Want a yellow one though as I just want a yellow car! :cylon:

What do I need to look out for or avoid though I have a few mates that have ZRs not heard much bad tbh

·
Registered
7,853 Posts
Hi matey. Where abouts you from? Plenty on sites such as pistonheads etc to look through. Look for the usual, signs of HGF with mayo under the oil cap. HPI it incase of write offs etc and give it a good general check over. RAC do checks on cars,although expensive may be worth it. Which model are you looking at?105,120,160 or a diesel?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
northampton. not sure which one really . . . been used to payin next to nothing on insurance on my old car but want something with abit of oomph yet economical and good on insurance! (22yrs with 3 yrs no claims)

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
just to get your apitite going heres mine sept i have slightly differnt wheels :D

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
northampton. not sure which one really . . . been used to payin next to nothing on insurance on my old car but want something with abit of oomph yet economical and good on insurance! (22yrs with 3 yrs no claims)
what car did you have mate i think a 160 maybe a bit to much on insurance still as its group 17 but a 120 like mine is group 12 and is a 1.8 with 120bhp standard and are very fast if your used to a alittle car in the past

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
yeh you will prob want the 1.8 defo if your 23 so its just the choice of 160 and 120 and 5 insurance groups differnce

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ooo0000oooo got it now! Just a case of finding one for a reasonable price really . . . . but thats another problem!

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
if your after a yellow zed mines up for grabs, ive spent a fair amount on it over the years, rally bumper, cad bits, tints, the list keeps going and going,
if your interested, drop me a pm
here are a few pics of it

·
I'm comin hoommmeee again
1,175 Posts
DERV FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:headbang::headbang:

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
sexy car...but blue is the way forward lol .... convinced my bro to buy a ZR!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts