1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, im Jack and im from Essex

thinking of getting the ZR for my second car
need persuading,

parents talk about the head gasket on the K series engine, but i have heard this is not a problem in the later versions? is this correct?

and hi

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
they do look good,
cheap to insure the 1.4 ( im only 18, 19 when i would get the car)
i want something nippy and faster for my age group, like has the 1.4 got a bit of oomf to it?

i may have to take one for a test drive

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
Get it NOW you pleb, coz i bought one yesterday and fooooook mee what a punchy engine lol, really different from an 8v rover 1.4

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
they do look good,
i want something nippy and faster for my age group, like has the 1.4 got a bit of oomf to it?

Standard 105 i think there a bit sluggish tbh
But with a good exhaust and filter and all the other stuff u can get - i think they go like ****
I have recently bought a zr and am very happy with it after some tlc.
Insurance was good for me, considering i have previous ban.
TBH i sumtimes cant belive its a 1.4! :):)

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
hey you upgraded mate? last thread i see from you your car got completely keyed?
Yea man finally upgraded to 02 105 lol goes like shooooot man compared to the 8v. I'm happy with it jus hoping the gasket dont go coz the rovers engine is still going no Hg in the past two years i have had it lol. Only reason I upgraded coz i want one and they are faster and i dont have to spend 600 jus to repair it and get it passed mot. So i might sell the rov as it is or brake it for spares. Will get some pics up tomoz forgot today. Needs a decent air filter jus put my cheapy max power on it but loving the noise. :D

·
Need a new car!
2,054 Posts
Get a Polo tbh mate :D

·
VTEC addict
1,674 Posts
they do look good,

Get it now mate. im 19 and drive a 1.8 120 :)

1.4 is pretty quick, faster than most 1.4s around!

They crack 0-60 in just under 10secs i think

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.