MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Merry Christmas to all! I am hoping for a bit of info... I used to own a ZR 105+ which I really liked. Not really into too much power so the puncy 1.4 did me fine. I had to get rid of it due a company car.. However I am back looking for a new one! :wohow:

Question is can someone tell me what they think to the new ZR compared to the Old ZR?? I haven't test driven one yet but would just like some opinons. There seems to be some good deals on the older model but don't want to get one of those just to save a few pennies if the newer one is better!

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
205 Posts
Just personal opinion, but I chose on "old" shape '04 105+ over a "new" 105+ after test driving both, because the older style just felt nicer, I MUCH prefer the styling, and I paid about 3000 less for it!!!!!!

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
There will be some new shape '105' Trophy special editions in the new year.. wait for those before making up your mind!

The clutch on the new ZR I've experianced was almost to the floor for a bite point, very different to my 03MY spec car.

The suspension has been changed on the new ZR's too, not quite so fidgety when being pushed to the limit apparantly, but not had the chance to test this in person - although I know people who have!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool, Thanks to everyone that has posted so far! I have a few months left on my company car so will wait to see what the trophy edition is next year! I did like the older shape though!

Thanks again

Andy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I had the old shape for nearly 3 years, have had the new one for 3 months.. Gearbox, brakes,(definately brakes) suspension much better. Front is growing on me. Front grill would have been nicer chrome..Had such a good deal from MG dealer, couldn't turn him down.
Hoggy.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hiya!

Ive been driving around in a W reg Rover 25 (Not a ZR I know, but basically the same car)............ it was a great wee car, but I decided at the beginning of December to get myself a brand new ZR, so I got a new shape one - As it has been mentioned, the bite is right at the floor, which I like, and in general I feel that the car looks and feels the little bit sportier.

Had a few wee niggly problems with it, but nothing major - I hear they are recalling a batch of new shape ZR's due to condensation forming in the lights.......... thats what mine was in for!

Steven

·
Registered
82 Posts
New ZR

I test drove a new ZR at the weekend - a local main dealer (non MG Rover) have one with delivery miles only for £7999 Brakes feel heaps better, pedals are in a more comfy position (for me, may not be so for anyone else) Certainly felt better handling wise than my TD, but you would expect it to with less miles and alot less weight up front. I can get if for £2500 plus my current car but am currently weighing up the pros and cons. Don't like the hard plastic of the dash or the strange pattern they know use on the door panels - but both are no better/worse than the later ZRs. Build quality seems up too, doors have a real nice clunk to them. I really don't like the new headlamps but the rest looks good. Strange but from the front it looks tiny compared to my car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts