MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"two infinitys, and beyond"
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, im looking to buy new suspension. Im goin to the dealers 2moz to find out if it voids my warrenty if i go with avos and not xpower as i need the warrenty, only had the car 1 month or just under ;)

Basically, is it as simple as choosing the right lowered amount i.e 35mm drop and sayin i want those. Or do i need other stuff? like my one mate said i need dampers incase i went over a big pot hole or somat, this true?

Also how much did new suspension increase your insurance? i know its gonna b different for every1, just wanna work out a rough average :) thinking of gettin a back box as well, want a nice loud one. Is the Xpower one loud? (i have a 105)

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
xpower back box is nice and loud :D, only void your warranty on suspension rather than whole car.

·
"two infinitys, and beyond"
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also, somethin i missed off.
With a lowered car, do you folks notice the car rubbin or anything when you hav say 5 average sized adults in it?
and what about speedbumps?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
dont think peeps have any probs with people in the car, speed bumps you dont drive over fast anyway as it will nacker the suspension, but wont rub, no on xpower ones at least.

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
haven't had any problem with rubbing mate, and i've found that 35mm is perfect! Most of ud have just got springs and i have found that u don't need dampers. Granted the ride is alot stiffer but depends what ya looking for!

·
2,039 Posts
ZRVic said:
mustang351 said:
Doesnt rub on x power ones either......and you keep the warranty..
but some of us have blagged warrenty on Avos too!
Me too........speak to the dealer nicely, or get them to fit the springs and they will uphold the warranty \:D/ \:D/

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Most dealers will not do anything with the warranty to be honest, chances of your suspension going as a warranty claim in highly unlikley anyhow. All other parts of the warranty would remain valid in any case.

The only thing that would likely to be covered on the suspension strut would be a spring physically breaking.

You shouldn't need to change the dampers, this is only really needed in extreme drops.

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts