MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be of interest
I was looking the other day and found the new weight and sizes for the new ZR. According to parkers, the new MG ZR ways 115kgs lighter than the mk1 has a smaller turning circle of 10m apposed to 11m and is shorter more narrow and is not as tall.

<http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/specs/data.aspx?model_id=1293&id=28485>

<http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/specs/data.aspx?model_id=1111&id=21423>

Does anyone think because of the less weight the New ZR is faster than the old (As Standard).

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
not according to mg-rover.com

·
Registered
187 Posts
the new one is faster , was racing my sister who has a MK1 both 105 and when i put my foot down she couldnt keep up , swapped cars , both stock at the time . there was a clear differnce not a lot but just mid range speeds

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
MgZr said:
the new one is faster , was racing my sister who has a MK1 both 105 and when i put my foot down she couldnt keep up , swapped cars , both stock at the time . there was a clear differnce not a lot but just mid range speeds
what was the insurance difference between the two?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeh twice i've raced the mk1's now and they cant keep and i was virtually pushin one along once and he had an exhaust mod and mine was standard but not from today cus im puttin my k&n on when i get home BEAST! cant wait to hear the ROVER ROAR of my little brum brum.

·
Registered
187 Posts
she is older than me so obviously hers was cheaper . but a mate of mine just got an mk1 same age as me and all the same spec ect. and he was cheaper £100

·
Registered
187 Posts
she is older than me so obviously hers was cheaper . but a mate of mine just got an mk1 same age as me and all the same spec ect. and he was cheaper £100

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MgZr have u noticed a difference with ur performance with ur induction kit and what induction kit do u have?

·
Registered
187 Posts
funny u should say that , i had a open pipercross kit an lost a lot of low down power from 0-60 , it just died when i put my foot down from stand still then built up alot of power. i now have the piper cross viper enclosed induction kit and its alot better . have u had any probs with ur car as of yet?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeh its scares me sometimes, on occasions i put my foot down and wheels just rip up and wheelspin all the way past stuff when i overtake.

The car is sound. Glovebox did rattle but i just tighten the screws up (common sense) and its safe as houses.

Love it 2 bits. Makes me smile everytime i put my foot down. Raced my mates 206xsi and thrashed him, it had chance i was suprised because thats 1.6

·
Registered
446 Posts
dom i have exactly same zed as you colour and everything(in profile!!).it does seem a reasonably nippy motor but im not quite sure if its any quicker than the old ones tbh.mind you cant say ive raced one but still

·
Registered
102 Posts
i think the new zr 105's are quicker then the 10 secs mg state.
simply because i used to have a saxo vtr and that is meant to be mid to high9 secs from 0-60 but my new 105 defo feels quicker then my old vtr.
the throttle response is way better

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
Dont forget, driver sklll counts for a lot.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Erm what millege is on your mk2's???
If you are going about racing when its low millege i wouldnt like to buy your cars when you go to sell them, THRASHED comes to mind?... also surely a run in zr at the peak millege 7k + is going to be faster than a new one?...discuss....

lol

·
Banned
2,106 Posts
DONNA said:
Erm what millege is on your mk2's???
If you are going about racing when its low millege i wouldnt like to buy your cars when you go to sell them, THRASHED comes to mind?... also surely a run in zr at the peak millege 7k + is going to be faster than a new one?...discuss....

lol
:v: :up: Boy racers.

·
1,443 Posts
I think the weights may be a misprint.

115kg is a lot of weight to lose and can't see where the weight saving has come from. For instance.......

The Clio 172 ditched its ABS/Aircon/Spare wheel/ thinner glass and basic interior to shed 80 kg to make the Clio 172 cup.

115kg less weight with no differences to the car is definitely a misprint error.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts