·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
you will see a loss in power and less MPG

But it sounds fantastic!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have the new K&N Typhoon kit and there is certainly power gains not loss !!

proven with a rolling road test at Janspeed.

defo worth it and sounds amazing

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
if its a open filter they loose! i had 4 indution pipes on mine and that showed only a marginal gain! it need to be enclose

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i imagim it must giver some power gain or else why would they even sell it? (HERE BUY THIS NEW K&N AND GET LESS POWER) i cant see it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
gsh10 said:
i imagim it must giver some power gain or else why would they even sell it? (HERE BUY THIS NEW K&N AND GET LESS POWER) i cant see it.
They claim gains on a test bed. Not in a hot engine bay.

Most cases of open filters on the K series result in loses rather than gains in real life.

·
Registered
422 Posts
yeah but on a rolling road its gonna show loss cos uv got no cold air blowing in to the engine bay cos the car isnt moving they dont produce much or any loss if u have one or two codl air feeds n, mayb from a still start but not from while moving

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do u no there are 2 cold air feeds on the mg zr k&n generation 2 one connects onto the original air feed and there is another one that connects to the side of the box. oh well i will wait n see i am gettin 2moro if its shit then it will go on ebay. lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i got the new kit in and it does make some difference. The power gain feels great the car is alot smoother aswell.
it seems to give more power right through the revs from top to bottom.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Pete said:
never done a rolling road have you :)

Got a huge fan infront of the car :)
thats what i was going to say because when i had a RR done they had this big fan blowing s**t loads of air at the front of the car.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Mines just been on the rollers and yes there is a cold air feed (or should be ) in the form of a large fan that speeds up with the mph of the car so as to give the correct air flow at the correct mph, i have a k/n cold air feed (supplied in the 57i kit) and a mod from the original mg cold air feed).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts