MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
If in doubt,flat out!
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few requests for pics i took some over the weekend.

Its the last year of the classic model its a x reg with 54.000 miles on the clock with full subaru history and is a real fine example!Its got a HKS induction kit,Magnex decat exhaust system,Iridium plugs,HKS turbo gauge and my favaroute a Greedy profec b spec 2 boost controller which is awsome.We tuned the psi up to around 15 the other day and it was fooking mentle but im now running it at 11.5psi to be safe but they can run at 14psi just fine ive been told.

Oh and ive got some 17" kei racing pulse alloys coming on wednesday:)

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Lovely car matey, still the best Impreza Subaru ever made :yes:

Im for one of them one day! :D

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
looks a clean one mate, said before id love one of these one day just for the fun.

·
Rover Owner
3,488 Posts
Good luck with it fella, my buddy owns one...only took 3 weeks of ownership before the first major problem...Piston failure! Needed an entire new short engine, rebuilt by API for the princely sum of £4k! They're just such expensive cars to own, but very capable.

·
If in doubt,flat out!
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the kind comments people.2 of my freinds have WRX's and another freind of mine has an EVO so i was feeling left out!

Ive never driven a car that handles like this one it is out of this world it just has sooooooo much grip and traction its hard to believe!
They are so much fun that if you can afford the services,insurance and fuel cost then i would deffo say get one and get one NOW!

The fuel consumption isnt to bad if you can keep it under 3000 rpm but its so hard to stay out of the boost because as soon as you here it winding up you cant help but to open it up but then your be paying the petrol station a visit every other day:crazy:

·
Registered
8,001 Posts
nice mate, saw your name on xbox and wondered if you bought one or were referring to marc getting one, now i know lol whats the BHP of these?

ive been looking at the slightly newer shape ones but am not too sure, still got my heart set on an elise lol

·
If in doubt,flat out!
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice mate, saw your name on xbox and wondered if you bought one or were referring to marc getting one, now i know lol whats the BHP of these?

ive been looking at the slightly newer shape ones but am not too sure, still got my heart set on an elise lol
with mods and the psi turned up been told it could be around 260-280 but hopefully putting in in for a dyno in two weeks then find out for sure.

the newer shape wrx has got 230bhp and weighs alot more than the mk2 m8 so i would go for the sti if you have got the wedge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts