·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
k need some opionions here

iv got a standered system

iv added a 12 xpod amp 1200 w and a xpod mono amp 800w

an a kenwood cd changer

iv saved some money and gonna save abit more and im gonna spend about 600- 800 on my ice

my plan was to stick with kenwood and get a anotehr kenwood headunit so dont have to t change cd changer but a better one and get another 12 xpod sub

but id like opionion on what head unit , what amps and what speackers to get , with 600 - 800 and keeping those things in mind what would you guys get ??

·
Registered
421 Posts
i really like the infinity refrence serires... personly i would get all infinity speakers front back tweeters the lot! and for amps.. alpine! i got 1 alpine running my 6x9s which will whack out 600 watts, and the sound is crystle clear, for head units its really up to u i think... :p

if u wanna see my set up just pop round as im in st annes as well, if im at work i work at sainsburys just ask for marc :p any ways hope your set up goes well ether way :) and then sit back and enjoy :D

·
Banned
14,285 Posts
i love my infinitys too!! Great price and great value for money! Got 300w 6x9's and a combined Vibe sub and amp!! Getting me some infinity components too!! Great sounding, not really loud but plenty loud enough for me!!

·
989 Posts
Ive got a rockford system with infinity 6 by 9's and its loud as fuck and clear as fuck ...

my 6 by 9s are running of my head unit as have no back speakers they are loud but ive had them louder by amplifying them.

Im changeing my boot install in a few munths time like ... going for 2 10 inch infinity subs 3 rockford amps 1 rockford sub 4 infinity 6 by 9's and getting all the components changes ... one problem ive came accross already tho is my sub n amp are kickin out that much power ive nackered by alternator...

my car sounds like a fukin remote control now whineing all the time.

·
Registered
159 Posts
ive got a full kicker install and im very happy.. it all really depends what u want.. bass or just a decent sound..... ive got 2 x 12inch subs and they have read 152 decibels which isnt too bad!!!....

you can pick up a kicker sub package in backs of max power mags have a look.....

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
it all depends on what you want out of it.........
mine inc
infinity components rear
cerwin vega fronts
4 ch 30w alpine amp
1x 12" planet audio sub
zx 350 pg amp
alpine 1004 headunit.
its not a bad system got 140db the other week.and it sounds well as demo'd at meetings........

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah iv sin ur system at meets its nice think im gonna get the xpod head unit and the infinty speacker and 6x9s and then amps il leave up to cayote unless u guys have any other suggestions

·
1,626 Posts
If you are spending that amount of cash don't go for x plop you could be a lot happier gettiing a second hand DLS a6 and a Diamond Audio CM3SUB or if you can rind one for sale a Resonant Engineering Sub and Genesis amps :))

See www.talkaudio.co.uk for the DLS I see one for sale at about £300

If spending close to a grand you want the best stuff you can get for the cash

As for speakers try DLS ref series, MB Quart or if you are on a budget Infinity Kappa

·
989 Posts
With my rockford like ive got a small gain control near the head unit lets you adjust the bass of the sub without changing it from the hea dunit ..

basically so you can tweak all your speakers so they sound exellent without distorted base and then you just make all the bass come out of the sub.

sounds fuckin exellent in the car and class outside just not as loud ( obviously )

also when i put the base up you can hear my car shaking from about half a mile away ( no shit vibrates like a ... vibrator )

Ive had lasses on the back seat claim its better than sitting on the washing machine .!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.