MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an other grill courtacey of Slobbadan :thumbsup: saviour after some **** ripped mine off in a car park! anyway
Sanded down, Wettodryed it, Primed it, Painted it, Laqured it,Left it hanging in the garage over night to dry = all good so far.....Untill i came in from work today opend up the garage to find it was all specled with bits of dirt and a nice fly stuck right next to the bit for the badge :crazy: Turns out i left the window open in the garage so the wind must have made a draught an blew up all the crap from the floor and its stuck to it :( Can't afford to sand it down and start again as im skint so bodged it by putting dabs of paint on the worst bits of dirt and colouring the fly in with the paint lol.
My first time ever at spraying somthing and i learned a good lesson. Always make sure the windows shut when leving to dry!! lol

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A couple of pics, took on phone so not that clear :( the fly jus looks like a blurry chip touched up shoddily with a touch up pen

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
ahh looks very nice mate! better condition then when i sold it to u anyway! never realised u wanted it for respraying, i clayed it before i gave it to u so that most of the grime would come off! still a bit stone chipped though lol, looks awesome now though :D

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ohh sorry i should have said to save you the effort of claying it, my bad lol. Cheers for putting the effort in tho :thumbsup:

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
Haha no worries mate, wasnt exactly a big piece to do, looks good anyway mate! Should have taken the opportunity for some photo-whoaring

1 - 9 of 9 Posts