MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, just posted this up on mg-rover.org but thought I'd give you a taste aswell.

After leaving my car as it was for around 6 months or so, got back into the full swing of modifying by changing my front around a bit.

Here's some pics:

Ok so the most obvious additions are those awesome lights. Apart from that I finished off modifying my spare grille I had by cutting out the centre bit, filling it in and then colour coding it. If you look closely at it it's not perfect but pretty good nonetheless.

I also colour coded my fog blanks after about a year of them being silver (I know a few of you will be pleased to see that lol).

I'd like to say the lights were a doddle to fit but they really weren't. I dunno if anyone has fitted them to a diesel before but as they are a lot thicker than the standard units the one on the left hand side rubs against the alternator belt. I didn't notice this untill my engine was running after putting my bumper and everything back on and it had frayed through half the belt.

I then had to take the bumper off again, wait till the next day (yesterday) order in a new belt and then fit that. That in itself was an absolute mission but eventuallty got that on. Then noticed that one of the halo rings had stopped working. This was diagnosed as a blown LED inside the ring. I then took one of the bulbs out of the other unit to even things up and installed them with a metal plate bolted on to cover the alternator belt.

I'm still trying to find somewhere that supplies the LED bulbs that go inside the ring but thats not a big issue.

Opinions please people - I for one absolutely love the new front. Every time I get out of my car I can't stop looking back at it as I walk away lol .

cheers
Ben

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Looks wicked mate. :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts