MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanting to know what are the best fron speakers to get as well a 6x9's not wanting to go 2 expencive either

mid range price bracket

·
989 Posts
Mid range price bracket .... I would go for either infinity or kenwood.

If you match a set of infinity 6 by 9's with infinity front components then it should sound fuckin sweet.

They make good speakers infinity and they aint that expensive.

·
Registered
326 Posts
would aviod 9*9 there cheap and will degrade the quality of ure music.
for front speakers mid range price ucould do worsethan a set of infinity refrence range speakers about 105 quid 150wrms theyll handle.

very clear and not bad on the mid as well
for the rear get ure self asub instead of the 6*9
u wont regret it

·
1,626 Posts
I agree

Best set up is a set of 3 ways up front and a sub at the back notihn else

For £100 bucks you can get DLS classic which are mighty fine speakers for the cash or go forinfinitys if you want to be able to get them easily

·
Registered
43 Posts
So the vectra fitting kit can be used as an adaptor then eh ?
I was wondering if there was an adaptor out there for the ZR.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes. But you have to line them up first on the door and one hole does not line up. you need to drill an extra hole in the middle of the two that are on that piece. Hoogie has my set still attached to the speakers i sold him, ask him for a pic if you need one. I am sure he would.

·
989 Posts
if you aint already got this sorted ya 6by9's i would go to halfrauds in south shields ... theyve got them on offer for 50 quid.

150rms 300watt maxx top quality speakers ... can run them of ya head unit butyoull probs have to replace ya back speakers.

if you buy another amp n amplify those infinities your in for a ear poppin experience.

im not sure about the front components tho cos im after some. im trying to stick with either infinity or rockford but they are costing to much at the mo'

·
Registered
326 Posts
Monkey Magic said:
if you aint already got this sorted ya 6by9's i would go to halfrauds in south shields ... theyve got them on offer for 50 quid.

150rms 300watt maxx top quality speakers ... can run them of ya head unit butyoull probs have to replace ya back speakers.

if you buy another amp n amplify those infinities your in for a ear poppin experience.

im not sure about the front components tho cos im after some. im trying to stick with either infinity or rockford but they are costing to much at the mo'

man this is a step back the way, u shouldnt have rear speakers in ure car the best setup is front components, and subd in the boot.

6*9 are nasty if u amp them ure gonna get main interference or ground loops which are so annoying are very degrading. also the quality of sound from a component speaker of that to a 6*9 is night and day difference.

i say this 2 every1 6*9`s are a no go they only make ure sound system worse.

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
if u want a fitting kit i have a spare one that you can have if you want mate.

As element says 6x9's are bad. ur much better off spending your whack on a good pair of components.

At the mo im only running a set of components and 2 subs.

·
Registered
302 Posts
just got components for my fronts. they sounds awsome!! they are alpine type r's. i used to have a HUGE sound system in my fiesta. with all the fronts i have heard these for me are the best. superb clarity

1 - 20 of 23 Posts