MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i mite b getin my car back on friday and my new amp sud b arriving on friday

problem iv got is my new amp is a mono 1600w amp and its going to b powering my 1200w sub so need to make sure the amp set up properly so that i dont blow my sub, i wanna get all 1200w out of my sub :evil: lol but i dont wanna blow it so how what settings sud it b set up at ?

·
2,585 Posts
they will never un at 1600w, i think that is their peak wattage before they go on fire or somethign else , when u plug everything in , pick out a dance song with a good heavy beat , turn it up 2 half the cars volume and then turn up the gain on the amplifier until u hear distorsion (thats what i did)
and by the way are u deaf with these wattages :p

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol well my 800w amp at the mo dosnt seem to do a gud enought job of powering my sub lol im even thinkin about getin another sub

·
Banned
1,204 Posts
make sure you dont just turn up the amp on full and turn up the head unit before your start it up or you minght blow a few fuses

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
S18HAD said:
make sure you dont just turn up the amp on full and turn up the head unit before your start it up or you minght blow a few fuses
not that stupid, well i did blow my amp once :-$ but that was just cos of a silly mistake

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol all rdy talked 2 u about this but still thinking about it cos after iv bought all my ice stuff thats gonna b like £800 - 1000 gone so £300 for a boot builds gonna b alot was actually thinkin of doing my own but dunno yet still lookin into it

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
arite cool that b a big help alot of things id dont no but i think it somthing id like to lern about lol big demand for it here so cud earn my self som money if i cud lern lol

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im good with building stuff so sudnt b to hard its jusrt the ice side of things like im gonna have 3 amps need to now how 2 set up that and stuff like that

1 - 12 of 12 Posts