MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anyone be interested in them if I could get hold of them cheap?

just need a general idea.

ta

davey

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Depends what features they have... and what price....and the how good they are...how bright, build quality etc!!!

Can ya get any pics too?

·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
what colour she got? or is she still thinking about a respray? Cos Pink leds would be well cool on a girly zed :D

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Cool.....used link (the 1st one) and thers a cool a fuck remote with for the set...instead off fuckin around with buttons on a box!!!

Looks good to me...gonna read thru everything like, see what the crack is...but looks good so far bud!

·
Banned
107 Posts
Looks good to me also, have been wondering if I was to get red at the back, white under the front & amber along the sides - would it make them legal to have on?

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you can get them in purple or a tidy green I'd say yes for definate.

As for the guy who asked about the legality....apart from not looking good (I've seen these done) it still doesn't make them road legal.

It's the same reason why you can be pulled if you have a rear fog light jammed on. Something about driver distraction and glare or something.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
jody said:
Looks good to me also, have been wondering if I was to get red at the back, white under the front & amber along the sides - would it make them legal to have on?
have a read of this matey

http://www.street-racers.co.uk/modifying_guide/for_under_body_neons.htm

and this is the law as it stands on lights

http://www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/...en_3.htm#(Tii)iicolourlightshownlampreflector

from what i can tell there is no law for neons, As with most things in law it is sadly open to interpretation. One officer's view maybe very different to that of another's, and until a case is taken to court there will be no clear guidelines on the use of neons

What the law does state is:

the use of blue light in ANY form is illegal on UK public roads.

LED (and neon) under body kits are ok (not legal but then again not illegal) as long as the only light that can be seen is reflected light (or glow), and not the tubes themselves.
Interior LED's (and neons) are not allowed to be on while the car is in motion.

·
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So looking at this, you could have the Neons on whilst driving, providing the light does not project out from the front rear os side, and providing they are not red blue or green, if they flash.

MMM interesting

1 - 20 of 26 Posts