MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got an alpine headunit and some 6x9....i want to improve on this som im guessing components is the next step...

What would be best....should have around 400 quid..and im guessing i need to amp the components....any suggestions?

·
1,626 Posts
for £400 quid

But a DLS CA21 and a pair of R6As (If you can get them that is )

Best £400 you will ever spend

You will then ditch the 6x9s and buy a sub and amp

:)

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
for £400 quid
Did you type something before that because you said:

But a DLS CA21 and a pair of R6As (If you can get them that is )
Seems like you suggested something before that because you said "But"Or am i making no sense at all?

·
Formerly Trophynovabasher
3,051 Posts
but is prob 'buy' y and t next to each other on keyboard

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o yea....lol

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh yeah i cee wot yu meen...

Is the DLS CA21 a two channel amp?

·
Registered
360 Posts
if uve got £400 to spend on components and an amp dont be getting no dsl.....go for some alpine gear ;) ......type x front comps ;) mmm thats wat i went for... best money ive ever spent...aint nothing beating the alpine ;)

·
1,626 Posts
JayZR said:
if uve got £400 to spend on components and an amp dont be getting no dsl.....go for some alpine gear ;) ......type x front comps ;) mmm thats wat i went for... best money ive ever spent...aint nothing beating the alpine ;)
GAG

Alpine speakers are pooh compared to DLS

End of :guns:

My JL audios are far better than the alpines and they are running off of a CA21 giving them 120 RMS each

Alpine make very nice head units abut everythign else (Apart feom F1 Spec but who sepnds thousands on speakers? )

·
RIP ZR
15,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i was guna say that bout alpine...

muz, is the amp you recommended a two channel amp?

·
1,626 Posts
Yes its 2 x 120 RMS and 1x 350 RMS @ 2 ohm and I have 2 of them!

If you are lucky you can get one off of ebay for a bout £50 but they are nearly £200 new

Check www.caraudiodirect.co.uk go to 6.5 inch comps then go top the second page that will show you the range for about £200

·
Registered
360 Posts
everyone to there own opinion i suppose :blink2: go listen to a few people cars and judge for ureself...... everyones gonna be biased towards wat they went for or wat for themselves.......i went for alpine cause there aint nothing better in the same price ranges.......no £100 components will beat the type r's and no £250 will compare to the type x :wman: :hiding:

·
1,626 Posts
I agree a lot of sound is opinion

R6As are £170 new and the difference between these and a set of type Rs is huge

However I suspect the Type Xs will be comparable to my JL audios (VR600)

However for the money a pair of R6As running active will sound fantastic (Well they did in my ZR) very clear, warm and no harshness but still loud as hell they create a lovely up front soundstage but I suppose a lot of that has to do with fitting and positioning

1 - 16 of 16 Posts