MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got the back discs and pads replaced for £150 down my local garage but obviously they were just standard parts. I was wondering if anyone could help me find some new brakes and pads?

Ive heard the greenstuff should be ok for pads, does anyone know what sort of discs i could get? Aint looking for a super high spec one, but maybe a small upgrade would be nice?

Thanks in advance. Marko

·
Registered
8,721 Posts

·
Registered
8,721 Posts

·
Registered
8,721 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mate, I really aint looking for something too brilliant, just i mean if im getting them done might be good to spend a little extra to improve them a bit you know! the greenstuff pads pics there have scared me a bit so might not go for them after all!

Is it just standard mintex brake pads i need?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, sorry to bug. im just about to press the order button now and wanted peoples advice on here before hand. ive got in my cart the black diamond x drilled sports discs and despite the other thread ive gone back on my word and added the greenstuff pads to my basket to.

Comes to a totel of £152.98

My two questions are:

1) are these the only parts I would need? I wouldnt need new calipers or anything to accomodate for these parts would I?

2) how much do you think roughly a garage would cost to fit them?

any help would be fantastic!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Skip the greenstuff, they are useless, maybe good for a paper weight and that's about it.

As for fitting, Front and rear 1 1/2 - 2 hours labour depending on their rate

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what pads would you recomend mate? and where to get them from? all i want is the discs and the pads like dont want to buy anything else. if i buy different pads would they fit into my calipers what are on my car now. they're just standard calipers

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Mintex do a pad for the 120.

Personally I use TRW pads and they are fine.

I know they aren't uprated but I have never had a problem with fade and I drive damn hard.

I think I misread your post earlier, do you just want a price for fronts fitted, if so half the labour hours

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well i just wanna get the parts and take them down to be fitted. so basically my question is, are the only things i need discs and pads? Like could i just take discs and pads down to be fitted as soon as they're delivered? (providing everything else is in correct working order and doesnt need replacing)

Or do i need to buy another part?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts