MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I have smoked for the last 25 years!!

I have decided to stop and been without a cig for 2 weeks now. :up:

I really want to do this. :angel:

got patches though going to get stronger ones today as im craving lots.

Have any of you stopped smokiing ?? How did you do it?? any tips for cravings?? I was eating carrotts lol instead of smoking but fed up with that now!!! :blink2:

i know 2 weeks isnt long but for me its a lifetime without a cig...but still proud of myself.
:up: :up:

·
Loadsamoney! So shut it!!!
4,103 Posts
stopped for 6 months almost (bar the odd spliff)

just stopped 20 a day to 0 but i did go from Embasy for 2years to Benson for 3 years to silk cut for 2 years to silk cut extra for a year!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mickeyblu said:
stopped for 6 months almost (bar the odd spliff)

just stopped 20 a day to 0 but i did go from Embasy for 2years to Benson for 3 years to silk cut for 2 years to silk cut extra for a year!!
Lol
I went to rollies for last 2 years. never wanted to stop before but had a health scare....enough to scare me into stopping smoking. its the cravings i cant deal with....and worried im going to eat instead....like the 3 rounds of toast i had at 1am!!

i havent been out socially for last 2 weeks so being around booze and other smokers scares me to death!

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I GAVE UP THE CIGGIES ON JAN 8..2001
i tried the patches but they just gave me some way freaky dreams....so i went to see my doctor and asked him about
zyban....its a pill that you take one a day for six weeks and ive never looked back since....you will get cravings for a while but they do pass over time....give your self a pat on the back and keep up the great work...and congratullations to emma the EX smoker
http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/zyban/zyban.htm
only avaliable on prescription from your doctor

keep up the good work :up:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx for that :up:

Someone said to me...2 weeks isnt long but my god.....ive been climbing walls somedays :wallb: :wallb:

so im due a bit of praise!!

Will talk to Emma too

p.s emma catch you on msn soon

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
I quit cold turkey and I havent smoked for almost 2 years.

I still get cravings but you learn to ignor them

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive got a bit aggressive aswell :guns:
thats totally out of character for me......

...... :zip: everyone!!!
:blink2:

·
1,431 Posts
i gave up about 6 weeks ago now......

ive only had a couple since then, on new years eve and when i was drunk the other night..

all i did was just stop....
ive not found it too bad tbh....

only time i really crave is when i see the bloody stop smoking ads on tv...
which i find quite ironic!!

i found that if i avoid taking cash out with me, i wont buy some....

another thing is......
if i find myslef going completely nutty, have a ***, and you'll feel so guilty afterwards it puts you off......

after only 6 wqeeks i feel so much better already..
i used to get really out of breath, but now im not so bad....

i cut out eating so much sugar etc at the same time... so luckily for me ive lost a bit of weight, and not put it on....

i just hope i dont start again.....cos ive been so proud of myself (even if i have slipped a couple of times lol)

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well done Emma!!! :up:
Know what you mean about smoking ads!

I didnt cut down, just stopped. had about a week then went on patches though im going to have a go with stronger ones.

As i said ive smoked 25 years only stopping once when i was pregnant with my daughter and shes 12 now. I wish i hadnt started again!

You have done real well...CONGRATULATIONS

·
1,431 Posts
i havent used the patches or anything....

i still dont feel like ive given up completely.

I honestly feel you have to take each day at a time...

and dont beat urself up too badly if you have the odd one...
at the end of the day, they are an addiction...

you should be proud of yourself for even trying...!!!!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
can't help on the smoking front but I've given up nice food! :hurt:

I'm dieting and craving nice food managed to stick to it for over a month and have lost 10lbs! unfortunately they don't do patches for stopping you eating!

Good luck though changing your ways is really hard! It'll be worth it though! :up:

·
Typhooner :)
6,592 Posts
my mate had a nasty nasty picture of a tar filled lung, she stuck it on her fridge and hey presto, not only did she stop smoking, she lost a stone in weight too!!!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx...well ive gone cold turkey today!! Ive reacted to patches and come out in lumps lol - so going without today.

Im still sticking to carrotts and celary as an alternative ....bloody things keep going out though :blink2:

And my mate cant wait to see my carrott resting in the ashtray next time we are out!

:up:

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks!! Good you never have done.
Im so pleased that my daughter thinks its the most dirty, dangerous, disgusting habit ever.....pleased she wont smoke!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
update...
Day 15

off patches tried the gum!

OMG its crap, tastes like im chewing a *** end......god did i really taste like this....no wonder i never get any snogs!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I last had a cig on 20th April 2001 and I used the patches for a while, but after a few weeks, I got pissed off with them being stuck to everything but me, so I went cold turkey. I smoked for about 18 years or so.
I still get the cravings but I ignore them, as I have come a long way in those few years. The downside is that my arse has expanded since I quit.
On the plus side, the money I saved paid my bike payments every month. :mrgreen:

·
3,634 Posts
Keep it up !!!! Too many peeps just carry on smoking coz they are too weak to try and give up !!! I really admire peeps who want to change themselves for the better !!! Smoking is a killer !! Dont give in !!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts