MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, just got my N95 8GB on an upgrade and have been having a play. I have a qfew issues:

- In the SMS inbox the number is displayed instaed of the name i used for that contact.
- Also, is there any way to import my old sms's???

Cheers

·
2.0 GT T-bar :D
3,305 Posts
Right, just got my N95 8GB on an upgrade and have been having a play. I have a qfew issues:

- In the SMS inbox the number is displayed instaed of the name i used for that contact.
- Also, is there any way to import my old sms's???

Cheers
The name will only appear on texts after the name has been added, it doesnt change the existing ones if you get me.

As for the old sms... i dont know really!

·
3,305 Posts
The names should show! I have had a couple of issues with certain numbers not showing names tho! its bloody annoying... are none of yours showing then?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, nothing.

this phone looks and sounded the dogs when i was reading about it. However, after using it for a bit I wish I'd have gone for the C902. The N95 8GB kinda has too much on it in retrospect. I might change it in the morning.

·
3,305 Posts
nope, nothing.

this phone looks and sounded the dogs when i was reading about it. However, after using it for a bit I wish I'd have gone for the C902. The N95 8GB kinda has too much on it in retrospect. I might change it in the morning.
Yeah i know what you mean.. its a good phone but half the stuff on it is just not needed! Bloody bar code scanner :unsure:

I like it cos it has a good cam/recorder and the internet on it is pretty easy to use. Plus music etc.... it does have some niggles tho.

If you do keep it id take it to a shop and they should sort it in seconds for you.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yer must say internet browsing is amazing and the wlan is nice for around my house - although overkill. I also think the menus and general loading of apps/games etc is seriously slow. Even when browsing messages.

Remember vodafone saying i have a 14 day cooling off period.

Im so used to the speed and ease of use of my k800i.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
also give you a warning if you go on the net on your phone,when you are finished make sure you go to options and exit or else the phone will stay on the net when you dont know it.
its happend to me and a few other ppl,i did not like the bill at the end of the month officially raped.

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
also give you a warning if you go on the net on your phone,when you are finished make sure you go to options and exit or else the phone will stay on the net when you dont know it.
its happend to me and a few other ppl,i did not like the bill at the end of the month officially raped.
need to do that with all the apps

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Bloody bar code scanner :unsure:
has anyone actually got that fooking thing to work? I've tried countless times on my sisters phone and nothing ever happens :(

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When i compared it to my k800i and the features I actually want to use i prefer the k800i. Its way faster than the sluggish menus on the n95 and has everything where i want it. Have decided to get a C902.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I noticed this when i was playing around with it yesterday. Luckily i was conected to my WLAN, but i noticed several applications that still had the tiny blue circle next to them.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just exchanged by N95 8GB for one of these. Is being delivered to my work tomorrow morning.

The N95 is a serious bit of kit, but the endless menus, unnecessary features - it has a fooking barcode scanner for gods sake - (for me) and general slowness of the phone (was very surprised how long applications and simple took top open/begin) got me annoyed. It has several nice features (E.g. WLAN, screen rotates when you rotate the phone) which made me go for it initially, but when i factored those out I had a very bulky/heavy phone with bloated software. In all honesty I prefer my old k800i - that opened everything really fast abnd everything i needed was to hand. However, I did manage to play quake 2 on it, that was quite good, as was the internet browsing. However, if i want to play games like that you can easily get a copy of quake 2 for the pc for a copuple of quid.

Lets hope the C902 fairs better.

·
Registered
801 Posts
has anyone actually got that fooking thing to work? I've tried countless times on my sisters phone and nothing ever happens :(
:stupid: :wave:

It's not for scanning barcodes. It's more for advertising and short url's. Scan the image above and you will see what I mean.

The n95 8gb is pretty damn good. Had mine for a few months now and use most of the features all of the time. The full garmin sat-nav is pretty cool too, full wlan Internet access/network file access when working. It really does take a week working with it to get your head round all of the features though.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yer i imagine if id have stuck with it it would be ace. But i just like a phone to do all the obvious tuff easily and fit in my pocket with ease. The N95 8GB was huge for an everyday phone tbh and whenever i took the phone out I felt a bit nerdy. It was like turning on my laptop in subway :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts