MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evening all!

was just heading home down the a16 with this corsa behind me, right up my arse! (the kind where his lights are brightening you in the rear view mirror) so i started overtaking and so did he/she! i then came to a nice strech with no one in front so i floored it! then we slowed down(traffic) and he turned off, flashing me as he did!

the thing is, has anyone any ideas what models vauxhall do that would mean this corsa sticking with me all the way?

was a bit dissapointed tbh,thought my zed would have lost him! i think that engine mods will be next instead of the bodykit!

cheers!

·
Registered
314 Posts
the one b4 the latest shape 1.8 16v SRi does 0-60 in about 8 secs and about 124 mph

if it was the oldest shape corsa none of them are quick at all (although the 1.6 sport which tops the range would rival a ZR 105) and you should be ashamed!! lol

dunno about the new shape at all

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well not 2 clued up on the shape of corsas, have they just bought out a facelift model?? well it would have been the 1 before that! an 02 reg maybe!

and i am ashamed of myself, although its the cars fault and not mine! lol i'll have to take out the install! damn mdf!

·
Banned
1,364 Posts
you all under estimate cars because of what they are i mean i had a go at a corsa once when i had my focus, n it absolutely kicked my ass, i didnt know what the hell was under the bonnet till i read bout the exact same car (pics aswell) in a mag, turned out this guy had a 2.0 16v cav lump in his corsa, so just cos its a corsa never under estimate it!

·
LU HG
3,487 Posts
at the end of the day, zr's look better than corsas, and thats what impresses people most.

i mean for example would you buy a 2.0 cav or a 1.4 zr?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Me and my b/f raced a corsa once, we thoght it would be easy until we were at 100, hes stilll there, 120, still there, 130, STILL THERE, 140 just pulling away from him, 145, Then we got more distance, we raced for a bout 6 miles then both pulled into a petrol station where he came over and told me he had just had a 2ltr cav engine dropped in a few days before, said we were the only car he hadnt managed to get past!

Speak to him all the time now and he is a PSYCO, now hes putting in a 2ltr TURBO in it!!!!

Looked bog standard apart from the exhaust!

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
**Obviously this was done on a private road/country where the limit is unrestricted**

:)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes, i do admit nitrO! i ...most of the time... fall foul to that accusation, i reli did think i would beat the corsa quite considerably! i will not make this mistake again!

another i had a race wih a few months back was also something i expected to beat...until i realised that this punto was a GT!!!! so my car pulled away from him....thats until the turbo on his kicked in!!!!!

but i would never swap my car for either of these, i especially am not going back to the punto days! no no no!

·
Registered
266 Posts
there are some corsas/novas with 2.0 turbo redtop calibra engines in em! so beware! your local corsa crew may have a street sleeper among them!

·
570 Posts
Agreed, cos I run a modded car club I know a few peeps with 2.0 LET Corsas, 2.0 Turbo'd Corsas and one dude with the Calibra 2.5 V6 engine!!

If it was an old shape GSi (1.6 16v ECOshite), they're not too hot in the bhp stakes but the power to weight ratio is in their favour.

·
Registered
446 Posts
DONNA said:
Me and my b/f raced a corsa once, we thoght it would be easy until we were at 100, hes stilll there, 120, still there, 130, STILL THERE, 140 just pulling away from him, 145, Then we got more distance, we raced for a bout 6 miles then both pulled into a petrol station where he came over and told me he had just had a 2ltr cav engine dropped in a few days before, said we were the only car he hadnt managed to get past!

Speak to him all the time now and he is a PSYCO, now hes putting in a 2ltr TURBO in it!!!!

Looked bog standard apart from the exhaust!
FORGOT TO MENTION THIS WAS ON A PRIVATE ROAD! cough :wink:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol, thats ace! your gran with a reli fast car...bet she aint no sunday driver!

wish my gran was like that!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts