MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it with all the crashed ZRs of late...

So many young drivers and so many smashed zeds.....either being totalled or needing a good session in the body shop...?

When I was 19 and got my ZR I didnt drive like a [email protected] and again when I turned 21 I still didnt drive like a n00b with my second ZR...

Now ZRs are so cheap anyone and their dog can afford one whereas before it was rare to be under 20 to own a ZR...

I remember thinkin how lucky I was at 19...

Now we all like to have our fun, on the B roads, on the motorway but holy jebus, does it really take that much to concentrate on the road? And not drive like a tool...

In the past year I have seen more 'whoops' and 'ZR gone' threads due to drivers of a young age and generally under 24, more like 18, 19 etc... You guys are making ZR drivers look bad and more like a chavs runabout which gets thrashed everywhere from every junction and set of lights then end up crashing...

There are very few, accidents in which it either someone elses fault...

I had one bump in my second ZR and my car was doing less than 10mph in a car and since the other driver was on my side of the road I think that's deffo not my fault...

There are too many young drivers gettin their hands on 105s and 120s and even 160s now and then ****ting them into another car or object...

Im sick of readin about it tbh... never used to happen to ZR drivers!
Well not as much, as far as I see it...

:(

·
Dirty user
31,429 Posts
So true :)

just need to see the increase in smashed ones on ebay :(

I had rs turbo's and alike when i was 18 19 and not once did i smack them :D

·
SRS Xmas Pants On!
11,286 Posts
An observation I can agree with. I really really don't believe that EVERY accident reported on here is "someone elses fault". Not with all the 'top speed' and 'vs' threads that are posted every other week...

I had my ZR for four years and never hit anything, amazing that it happens or at least its broadcast so much on here.

Now I've had the Impreza for 2 years, this was a big jump from a 105bhp 1.4 to a 260bhp 2ltr turbo but I've not hit anything in it yet (touch wood) - what I do is save for track days. Plenty of them about and £100 for a day of thrashing is better than £60 fine and 3+ points and the ar*eholing you'll get from the insurance.

Think about it people.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
totally agree with you!
i'm 19 and like to have my fun in the car a bit like us all but don't drive it like a ****, i count myself lucky to have a car and be at uni as quite a few of my mates cant afford one so last thing i'd want to do is go write it off!

·
2.0 GT T-bar :D
3,305 Posts
It scares me to think how much i rely on the car!

Id probably lose my job if i lost license, id have no way of getting to my friends other than ponsing lifts.

I really enjoy driving and i intend to keep my zed nice and tidy :)! Hope some **** doesnt go ruin it for me lol.

The British zr is a dieing breed now :(

·
Premium Member
28,417 Posts
The ZR's reputation is suffering so badly, the meet scene up here used to be awesome, now the only ZR owners are teenagers who's idea of a "meet" is hammering up and down a car park :(

I've never even NEARLY had an accident in the four years I've been driving a ZR, but TBH with the people I see and hear about driving other ones it really is no surprsie that the level of crashing is so high.

·
Slacker Industries
10,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The ZR's reputation is suffering so badly, the meet scene up here used to be awesome, now the only ZR owners are teenagers who's idea of a "meet" is hammering up and down a car park :(
I know how you feel... :(

Im trying hard to keep it going, and the past few North East ZR meets have been great, no chav element... ;)

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
just cuz u cnt drive like me dont slag me off! i will dooooo uuuu lol jkin

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
1 - 20 of 100 Posts