MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i recently came into possession of some BRM alloy wheels, 1 of the wheels was in very good condition and 2 had very bad curbing while the other 1 had moderate curbing, overall the wheels were fairly tatty, i really wanted to keep the BRM centre caps, but the BRM logo was badly worn away on 3 of the wheels so this wasnt an option.

Rather than selling them on as they were, I decided to refurbish them first, so here's a few pics of the wheels themselves.

First ill show you the wheels pre refurb, though i've started on the sanding already.

This wheel is the one with very bad curbing, as you can make out in the picture.

This wheel had moderate curbing to the top of the wheel.

Again this wheel had moderate curbbing the the lower right side.

Another wheel that was badly curbed.

Here is a pic of a few of the tools i used, i cant tell you how good a dremel is, i recommend every one into DIY to get one.

After many many hours of work, which included priming sanding filling shaping and many other fun filled activities, here are the finished products.

Wheel 1

Wheel 2

Wheel3

Wheel4

Any questions fire away.

Oh these wheels have been sold already to a member on here, I hope he is as happy with them as I am.

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the comments people, much appreciated, the new owner received these today and is very happy with them.

I'm in the middle of refurbishing a set of straights at the minute for another member on here (You know who you are ;) ), 2 are quite badly curbed and he wants them white, so ill get the pics up when there finished.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.