MG ZR Forums banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I know, I used to come on here all the time! I think most people migrated over to a new ZR forum when this was sold. I've started my thread here and now I know there is an audience, I'll finish it here. Just filled my photobucket so I'll have to open a new image hosting account to get all of the photos on here. Update to follow...

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
So I decided to get some body work sorted this year and the front suspension lowered on Eibach springs. Rear beam came off to get full access to the underside and the fuel tank was dropped

·
Registered
506 Posts
I know, I used to come on here all the time! I think most people migrated over to a new ZR forum when this was sold. I've started my thread here and now I know there is an audience, I'll finish it here. Just filled my photobucket so I'll have to open a new image hosting account to get all of the photos on here. Update to follow...
Nothing much goes on there either :smile2:

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
In addition to the work shown in the photos, I had the windscreen out and rust sorted on the A pillar, new stainless steel bumper supports, mounts and sliders (forum repos) and new front springs. The car now looks almost new again. I then decided to strip out the interior to give it a deep clean. The red carpet had become dirty and I wanted to see the state of the floor pan (knowing that it has a leak somewhere!)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I took the carpet out, pressure washed it and dyed it. Here is a before and after shot The floor wasn't in too bad a state. I gave it a rub back and respray. Unfortunately only have photos before the respray

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
If anyone is interested in the 205 GTI, I've still got it! I've had a lot of cars over the years but have always kept hold of this 205. Since last posting in 2015 it's gone back onto refurbished 1.6 wheels, had a full rear beam refurb, new alarm and immobilizer, Eibach springs and Bilstein dampers. I usually get it out each summer but I think I will give it a rest this year as I've got a few other cars to drive.

If anyone is interested in seeing what this car looks like now (along with photos of my other cars and even some old photos of my ZRs), I post them on my Instagram @richsretrorides

81 - 92 of 92 Posts