MG ZR Forums banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Fitted a set of Speedlines that I had sitting in the garden. I know they won't be to everyones taste but I have never been keen on the 1.6 wheels.

Also, old interior is now sold. Full grey leather interior currently being worked on and will be going in soon.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
It has been a while since I updated this. Car had to go on hold as I bought a house, but I am now ready to finish it off for the summer. It is booked in for an MOT on Tuesday. I went off the Orange wheels so am currently refurbing a set in silver. Full leather is done and fitted. I will get some updated pics once it is out of the garage on Tuesday. Can't wait to get driving it!

·
Registered
13,694 Posts
I always wanted one. Didn't need it at all, but it was cheap. They are getting a lot more expensive now though so worth getting one soon
don't tell me that :( I do want one but can't afford it lol. Tried making my old 1.1 a rep but its was a 5 door lol. So ended up with a GTI exhaust system and suspension.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I always wanted one. Didn't need it at all, but it was cheap. They are getting a lot more expensive now though so worth getting one soon
i looked at one at a auction but it had been in a crash and was roten, i was going to bid £400 and went for £900 and never meet reserve. then looked at a nother one which needed a water pump at £800 but he sold it on me :(

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Been doing some work on the 205 today. Started first time and seems to run ok. Did need some work done on the indicator electrics but is all fixed now. Just been quoted £121 a year for classic car insurance too! Let's hope the work needed for the mot isn't too much!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Just to update; the 205 passed the MOT with only a bit of work needed. Luckily I had spares for most of the work needed so it was nice and cheap.

I sold my ZR a couple of weeks after the 205 passed, so used it as a primary car for a couple of weeks. Then I bought a 160, so the 205 has gone back into the garage, waiting to come out on sunny days.

Still currently refurbing a set of wheels in silver which will go on soon. Also planning to take the carpet out for a good clean when it is sunny, fitting a new window mechanism, peugeot talbot sport sunstrip (same as on the old T16 group b rally car), some genuine mudflaps, and go over all of the bumpers again with some trim dye.

Anyway, here are some photos for now

41 - 60 of 92 Posts