·
CheeseKitten
16,588 Posts
looks interesting...no idea how it works but woooooo anyway :grin:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a dump valve,normally only found on turbo'd petrol cars,but "the derv doctor" has got them to work on diesel cars.

·
Registered
775 Posts
i wonted a dump valve on me td mondeo i was told it does give real power gains only thing is tds dont have a vacume pipe so how did they fit yours the only kit i found was £350 and fit it ya self :wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
once id got mine fitted i had a good look at the kit and to be honest its really simple.Turbo D's do have vacum,though not from the inlet manifold like on petrol cars,its from the vacum pump which creates vacum for your brake servo to work.You quite simply put a T piece into this pipe so you now have your vacum.What you need now is to control the vacum via a micro switch on the throttle and a vacum switch inline on your new vacum pipe.The vacum switch is actually an EGr valve of a Peugeot 306.You can get all the parts for about £150.then its just a case of fitting.

·
Rusty Hole......
1,475 Posts
thats sounds a little bit technical!

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
looking good.....how does it sound?....
seen one on a 306 but not on a zed............
<runs into shed to see what I can find>

·
Registered
167 Posts
our bodyshop has a VW 2.0L TD in at the moment and it sounds amazing with the dump valve on. You would get more out of a bleed valve and a boost gauge though to be honest....and a lot cheaper

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bought the dump valve purely for the sound...the looks you get on peoples faces is class....im well impressed with the powerchip,pulls through the gears much faster,looking at getting the bleed valve next,the derv doctor got 150bhp out a ZR TD van!!!!

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
10sax said:
once id got mine fitted i had a good look at the kit and to be honest its really simple.Turbo D's do have vacum,though not from the inlet manifold like on petrol cars,its from the vacum pump which creates vacum for your brake servo to work.You quite simply put a T piece into this pipe so you now have your vacum.What you need now is to control the vacum via a micro switch on the throttle and a vacum switch inline on your new vacum pipe.The vacum switch is actually an EGr valve of a Peugeot 306.You can get all the parts for about £150.then its just a case of fitting.
LOL - So it's not complicated at all then? :eek: :eek:

It does look the Dogs tezzies though...................

1 - 17 of 17 Posts