MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i've got it :) My first MG...

Just picked it up by the dealer a few days ago; some pictures:

I've driven 500KM now, I really love the car.. Couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
17 Posts
sweet car !

gotta love the "new car" smell :grin:

I'm beginning to like the facelift models, altough it just doesn't look agressive enough

·
Registered
96 Posts
My 160 is the old shape but on a 54 plate, one of the last off the production line. I was given the choice of the one I got or a new shaped model which was made in the same month as the old shaped one BUT would have cost me £3,500 more!! Sorry no contest... although I prefered the interior of the new model you just can't beat the aggressive look of the the original shape. The dealer did say the revamped design was selling way under expectation and he too thought it was because the looks were to soft.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
ZRVic said:
Very nice!! Not sure bout the seats tho!
Year hsame here, what the hell is with those, they look like cheap seat covers from halfords :confused:

Still what a nice car, i love the facelifted MG now, its so much more modern

·
Registered
82 Posts
Nice, nice

Nice car, silver really suits too. I love that new rear end.
I never liked the new seats either, but having seen the black/grey in a Pearl Black ZS180 at my local dealer they do look alot better in the flesh, pics don't really do them justice (they've also gone back to matching colour doorcards like the Rover 25GTi used)

The new ZR seems to carry some colours better than the old, some not as well - saw a TY new Z and it looked awful (apologies to anyone that has one) Pearl black looks mint though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey guys!

Thanx for the compliments, i really am happy with it! Now 1200 KM and I can finally put 'the pedal to the metal' safely.. It handles GREAT! Bit noisy at higher speeds, but not bad..
I've put a nice amp and sub in the back, replacing the (cheapo) built-in speakers on saturday..

Do you know some easy way to pump the power a bit up? I don't want more noise, don't want too much hassle, just possibly an extra 'kick'.. Maybe a little chip can do some harmless pleasure? I don't know.. Price is a bit important, just bought a new car (wich is pretty expensive to do over here) heheh..

Further I would like to thank you british people for making such nice cars! :)
In The Netherlands, MG is pretty rare, I drive over 30.000 miles a year and see maybe 2 ZR's driving in one year time...But I think it's pretty cool owning a rare kind of car.. People really look back.. Gotta love the ZR :mrsmiley:

·
Registered
451 Posts
Glad your happy with your purchase Chap. It looks good in the silver!! New bumper doesnt look bad in silver at all :)

Yeah a chip will give you about 9bhp for around £250. You could get ya head polished and some decent sports cams, change induction kit to a viper (very little noise - more power though), change your exhaust system... All are fairly cheap to do, couple of hundred for each really..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, btw, I'm not sure wich front I prefer, the new ZR look is growing really fast on me (the 'old' ZR looks more agressive), but the rear is so much nicer looking now (well, that's my opinion)! Lowering the licenseplate to the bumper was a really god idea.. Wait, i'll upload some pictures of the front, back and profile:

Like I said, the front of the old ZR looks more agressive, but the new one is really growing on me, I think I prefer it over the 'old' front already...

·
Registered
451 Posts
I prefer the new rear end, and new skirts.. but the forntdoes nothing for me it's vulgar. Although in the silver it doesnt looktoo bad! Saw a Trophy yellow new shape - urgh it was horrid.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
At first I was planning on getting a Pearl Black ZR, but I decided I wanted a color wich was lighter than the headlights, so they 'look' a bit more angry..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts