MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, spent sat afternoon and sunday morning fitting these! I think I did a really good job of it. Did not break any rear quarter panel clips or anything.! Standard speakers are really good. If I was to upgrade to speakers I would put MB Quart 6.5" rear speakers OR vibe front speakers. But I do not want to amplify them. Am i best sticking to standard?

HU - Sony R6750 4x52w

Amplifier: - Kenwood Kac 9152d 1800 watt (peak) monoblock digital.

Kenwood remote:-

What is the best frequency level, I have it on 85 if that makes any sense?

Pioneer 12" TSW - 306C - 400 rms each

What do you all think?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice.mound the frequency box under the ash tray
In my old coupe I mounted the remote box in the actual ash tray (I had to take the lid off the springs to fit it, but did the same with a spare ash try i had and found it did not fit! So was gutted as it was hidden before. I cant relocate it anywhere else now as I fogot to leave some spare wire around the driver footwell (its all under rear seat and would be a paint to pull again!) and I like that area for storage!

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Mate, if you think the standard speakers are good, I fear your subs have deafened you!

Get some vibe components in there, cheap, and a great upgrade.

·
Rover Owner
3,488 Posts
Frequency is the crossover point for the low pass filter used for the bass amplifier. IT's the point at which it will filter out anything higher (usually on a 12db per octave slope) I usually have mine set around 100hz to start and then fine tune to what ever sounds best for the setup.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im from Norwich Chris25! - I had the green Rover Coupe if you ever saw it!?

Which Vibe Components does everyone go for again? My problem is that If i buy components I dont want to Amp them, so therefore will the vibe ones be better than standard through the HU?

Cheers Miker I will up the frequency!

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Im from Norwich Chris25! - I had the green Rover Coupe if you ever saw it!?

Which Vibe Components does everyone go for again? My problem is that If i buy components I dont want to Amp them, so therefore will the vibe ones be better than standard through the HU?

Cheers Miker I will up the frequency!
I'm from Norwich too mate :)
I went for these http://www.motorsavers.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s40p351
the 6.5" with the tweeters inc.
They sound way better than the standard jobbies even without being amped, great upgrade :) They're often for sale on here so it's worth keeping an eye out!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Nice one! I will keep a look out for some! Did you amp yours? Do you have your Rover25 red?
I amped mine eventually but not for ages, they were good without even being amped tbh.

Yeah I used to have a nightfire red 25 but she's gone now :( Soon to be replaced :D

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Still amazed by the quality of these subs, but recently my rear quarter panels make a weird noise from the smallest of bumps in the road. When i removed them none of the clips got broke and im pretty sure i have put them on properly as they are sitting flush.

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what noise it is? is something rattling about behind the panel?
I would say it sounds like a knocking/thud noise, if you break normall and come to a stop they both knock, and over small bumps i can hear them knock, mainly the driver side, its defo the quarter trims and nothing mechanical.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Setup looks good mate. Is it really bassy or just loud? Never tried those subs before.

Oh and how much did that amp set you back? Been looking for one of those for a while

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey thanks! Its is both if you get me, it has the bass controller (see pic) and its turned to less than 1 quarter.

Amplifier is very powerfull. Belive it or not I have had it 3 - 4 years. My bro had it for almost two years. Still like new and has always preformed like new. Model KAC 9152. He paid £170 all those years ago and i still think it has the same retail value. If i find one secondhand go for it! But make sure it has the bass control remote as you cannot obtain the remote seperately, and if the remote wire is missing it will cost £14.50 from Kenwood.

The bass on the subs is really good, clear and punchy, no distortion, can be heard from miles away if wanted. But just hearts my head inside if turned up.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
is the bass control remote wire not just a standard telephone extension cable like fusion use?
Not sure on the Fusion wire as this is this has always been my main amp. But yes its like the telephone wire conections - both ends

1 - 18 of 18 Posts