MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old 1972 MGB GT 1.8 (Summer use only):

And my new MG ZR 2.0 TD Company Car

Well chuffed with the ZR! I love the new look.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I upgraded the standarsd ones to these. Believe they are new with the facelift. You also get the same style in 18s for the ZT! Minted!

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Finally, a motor with Gridspokes fitted!

I've been waiting to see what they look like for ages! _ Well done!

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
GT said:
Finally, a motor with Gridspokes fitted!

I've been waiting to see what they look like for ages! _ Well done!
Arnt they on the covercar of the latest Total MG issue?

·
X-ZR Owner
1,120 Posts
^ Yup, they are on the Red 120+ they feature. I am not really a fan of the gridspokes but hey the rest of the car looks very nice.

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
is it me or are the rear spoiler lights white?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Love the summer car, my uncle has one.

This is only my opinion, and I don't expect anyone to agree with me. I like the style of the new interior, but I've heard, from a mate who has one, that it's even more rattly than the old model. Also I'm still unsure about the looks - its not as aggressive or distinctive as the old shape and I think it looks like loads of the other hatchbacks, and in time will "blend" into al the other trafficl - indeed I would go as far as to say that the back tailgate looks like the new Ford Fiesta. The reason I have bought 2 ZR's over the past 2 years is because of its distinctive looks and the fact people stop and look at it. I was offered the choice of either a new shape 160 or an old shape 160, both manufactured in the same month, so both were a 54 plate - however the old shape was nearly 2 grand cheaper so there was no option it had to be the old shape. The salesman wasn't surprised at my choice as, apart from the money, he to thought the new car wasn't aggressive or distinctive enough for the market it was aimed at. Indeed they were struggling to shift them.

As I say this is only my opinion. The new ZS on the other hand is much better looking than the old version.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PAFC -

Interesting comments. I know a lot of people don't like the new look. I agree to some extent. Not sure why they changed from the chrome! Sure that mod will be done soon enough and change the front look a lot.

The ZS - I totally disagree! I hate the new boot all flushed. Not a fan in any way. Saying that the new front bumper is quite cool.

G

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
G2 - S said:
Thats right! Clear / white third high level spoiler break light!
cool, is that stock or aftermarket?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
wonder if it go with clear lexus lights.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
muldersZR said:
the wheels do look different (they 17s mate?) and not sure on the white 3rd break light....... nice though
15's as standard (venom look ones)
16's are on my car (gridspoke).
17's are the multispokes as a larger upgrade.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hob said:
G2 - S said:
Thats right! Clear / white third high level spoiler break light!
cool, is that stock or aftermarket?
Everything about the car is stock! Think it would really watch some clear clusters. But, I ain't doung a thing to it as it's a leased car!

·
Flat Capper
707 Posts
Hob - They could well be, I havnt picked up my copy from Smiths yet :wink:

G2 - S, The Hairpins are also 16" wheels - the same as the Gridspokes. The only 15" wheels int he entire MG range are the 'mirage' 5-spoke wheels fitted to the ZS110.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts