MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Plan

Simple boot install, leaving a decent ammount of boot space. Illuminated with Red LED's.

All footwell illuminated with red LED's (front and rear).

Red LED's in all heater vents.

Red interior Light

The Day

Arrive at Ryan's at 10am, boot looks like this

Start building the sub-box

Check it all fits nicely with the new floor

Carpet the box

Insert the Sub

Put it in the boot

Now we build a mount for the amp

Insert amp wiring

Boot Finished!!!!

Now for the interior lighting

Wires, wires, wires

The finished product (9pm - 11 hours after start!!)

·
Registered
159 Posts
looks good mate... top stuff.... only thing i would suggest is a false back to your install? it might only be me but the back of the seats in the standard zr look shit! (does that make sense?)

·
892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
zrd4nny said:
looks good mate... top stuff.... only thing i would suggest is a false back to your install? it might only be me but the back of the seats in the standard zr look shit! (does that make sense?)
Know what ya mean mate, this is a temporary install to get me through until summer time, when i will be going for a fibreglass job :wohow:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah thanks for that Mark,

like mark says, a basic boot build with plenty of space left, the boot floor has been strengthened with a good dose of thick mdf, covered in grey carpet.

the bits he didnt write....

It was FREEZING all day, and he stole my coat!
Mark also now has Kenwood dual mag's in the front door's, first time i have seen these and they are amazing. Really light slim speaker but sounded very nice.
Kenwood replacment rears, and a red interior light.

So if anyone is interested in a boot build, i can put together some prices and pm you

I also have a trade contract with a big supplier so i can pretty much get any kind of equiptment you need, from speakers to sub's, to head units to screen's and wiring.

even if you dont want a install and just want equiptment, PM me you might be surprised how much i can get items for.

thanks for looking and for the nice comments people.

was a long day, 12 hours in total. Thanks to Mark for the Photo'shoot.

·
Registered
446 Posts
So can you give us an idea of how much what Mark got done would cost.

I would like the sub box like that and like how its a nice clean looking instal. Is this easy removed?

With the sub, box, amp and wiring, time and everything how much would i be looking at?

ps just the boot build not the neons?

Thanks

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
DONNA said:
So can you give us an idea of how much what Mark got done would cost.

I would like the sub box like that and like how its a nice clean looking instal. Is this easy removed?

With the sub, box, amp and wiring, time and everything how much would i be looking at?

ps just the boot build not the neons?

Thanks
they are not neons, they are led's (brighter) :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts