MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, The missus recently bought a zr which had some nasty 17 inch alloys on it which were in a right state. I bought some 16 inch hairpins but I cant get the back wheels on. They wont slide over the centre on the brake drum moulding and doesn’t fit flush against it. The hole in the centre of my alloys are too small. Hope you know what I mean. My zr is a 03 model. Can anyone please help me with my problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanx Chris.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
yeah, if they dont fit then they dont fit im afraid.

get some straights and flog the hairpins :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanx everyone for your replys. Crispy, they are mg hairpins, not sure what you mean about is being a 160 tho. Im not an expert on cars, ha ha. just know how to drive em. Southside, Ive checked for that mate and there isnt any in, thanx for the post.

·
Registered
316 Posts
pics would help

put some pics up then it would be easier to help you one of wheels and one of the front hub :bounce:

·
2,585 Posts
spigot rings will still be stuck to the spigots on the hubs, just pry them off with a screwdriver and lightly tap with a hammer and they will come off.

·
Senior Citizen...
1,268 Posts
I heard this situation is so starange its going to be the story line in the next X-Files film...

·
Fake Bans FTW!!!
1,482 Posts
cant you take a pic?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
very strange !!!!! mg hairpins should fit mgs lol is it possibly a mg zr rep ie a rover that cant take hairpins?

you got me stumped lol

·
Alergic to the apex
5,308 Posts
very strange !!!!! mg hairpins should fit mgs lol is it possibly a mg zr rep ie a rover that cant take hairpins?

you got me stumped lol
Well they would fit any rover 200/25/ZR as they all use 4x100 PCD so thats not the problem.

I can't see why they won't fit tbh

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
when southside mentioned a spiggot ring he meant on the drum not the old alloy and sometimes they stick and come away from the alloy, thats the only possible reason i can think why it would not fit

1 - 20 of 21 Posts