MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a new exhaust fitted about a month ago
and i have noticed that mpg has gone to 20mpg.
I have a 160 with no other engine mods has anybody
else noticed this? :eek:
(cat back)

·
2,039 Posts
20 mpg........bloody hell, should be more than that. Mine does about 30 on long runs and i dont hang around :mrsmiley: :mrsmiley:

·
Suck Me Beautiful
11,251 Posts
AndyK160 said:
20 mpg........bloody hell, should be more than that. Mine does about 30 on long runs and i dont hang around :mrsmiley: :mrsmiley:
i've noticed!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Even 30mpg is bad if you are not ragging it everywhere.

Should be getting 38mpg on a run and 30ish when thacking it about.

I return 25 mpg on a track day.

·
2,039 Posts
Stu said:
Even 30mpg is bad if you are not ragging it everywhere.

Should be getting 38mpg on a run and 30ish when thacking it about.

I return 25 mpg on a track day.
yes mate......but seeing as most of my mileage is motorways im happy with 30..........and yes i do rag it nearly everywhere :mrsmiley: :mrsmiley:

·
Registered
556 Posts
Motorway runs at 80 should return at least 35 mpg.

I know the ZR is less that aero dynamic, but it's not that much of a brick.

Bad fuel economy can often be down to things like having an open cone induction kit. These rarely give a performance increase, but do sap the fuel.

·
2,039 Posts
At the end of the day........MPG is just a question of how much money you can afford.........if we were that aware of it we'd all drive economical crap cars.....so have zed, use fuel :mrsmiley: :mrsmiley: :mrsmiley:

·
Registered
406 Posts
There are lots of contributing factors to your mpg's.

Unnecessary weight in the boot (subs, golf clubs, briefcase etc) which is why I sold my install.

Try changing up into 5th asap to save fuel. Don't linger in 3rd or 4th more than is needed.

Check your tire pressures very regularly, and get the tracking checked now and again (free for a check, and 20 quid to have it adjusted)

Powering electrics has an effect on mpg's (amp, neons, in car phone charger etc)

Needless to say the obvious ones like induction kit and exhaust.

I get about 400 miles to a tank with an induction kit, and 500 miles to a tank with the standard paper panel filter.

I unintentionally take the car to high revs just to hear the exhaust too, without realising I'm doing it.

Having said all this, I do 120 miles a day, 6 days a week so I drink the fuel whether I drive nicely or not!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
AndyK160 said:
At the end of the day........MPG is just a question of how much money you can afford.........if we were that aware of it we'd all drive economical crap cars.....so have zed, use fuel :mrsmiley: :mrsmiley: :mrsmiley:
I would agree except I have a car with the same engine, more than 160 bhp and can easily achieve a higher mpg even on track days.

You logic doesn't add up in my case O:)

·
2,039 Posts
Stu said:
AndyK160 said:
I would agree except I have a car with the same engine, more than 160 bhp and can easily achieve a higher mpg even on track days.

You logic doesn't add up in my case O:)
just a bit of fun mate.......mine is over 160 too..... i dont do logic :mrsmiley: :mrsmiley:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts