MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won a single MK1 side skirt on Ebay. I've asked for postage to the Netherlands before I placed my bid, heard nothing, so just placed it anyways.

Now they want to charge me with 80,- pounds postage. So I asked for size and weight, and their address.

My question then. Is their anybody (locally) who can inform what postage of the side skirt would cost roughly? The size is 2.00x20x13 and weight is approx 3kg.

You can aks for my address by PM.

Any help would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
I've sent an Xbox LTD Edition to Northern Ireland before in a place with no postcode from the very south of E. and it probably weighed the same as 1 side skirt and only cost £18 so i doubt to the netherlands would be £80.

·
Registered
ZR 105 (IAB) ZR+120 (HQM)
1,367 Posts
The problem with the side skirt will be its length rather than its weight. Most parcel carriers work on volumetric weight, and the dimensions can make a big difference - I have found in the past that international carriage for anything over a metre long is charged at an insane rate (although £80 does seem extreme even taking that into account).

There is also a massive diffeence in the charges for private individuals and those for a business account. A business would probably be able to ship a skirt for less than half what a private individual would have to pay.

·
Brothers Grim
2,003 Posts
Well Interparcel will deliver it for £32.30, with the weight and size you have given

1 - 9 of 9 Posts