MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone just after any help / advice / tips on what I should check or do before I take my car in for its MOT?

It's booked in for 4 tomorrow at a local garage and I think I'm just going to wait there for the hour as there's not much point in leaving tbh - ipod video FTW! :D lol

Yeah so what should I check / do?

And is it right that I should take the zed for a good blast (I'm thinking about 30 mins at 70 mph?) before I take it in?

All serious help is greatly appreciated - I've never taken a car for an MOT before and tbh I'm ****ting it :(

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Giving it a quick blast is a good idea for the emissions...

Lights,wipers,washers,horn,tyres :)
Andy you sexual beast!! :happy: cheers for that, I'll have to try and clean out a couple of the washers, my rear one is completely blocked :noexp: horn works fine, will clean wipers and possibly fit new ones before I leave it in just to be safe, will check lights again 2moro and the tread of course :D

:wub:

will wiper blades fail if theres thin lines on the winscreen ?
I think they need to clean it enough so it is clearly visible, so I don't think a few fine lines of water would matter?

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my horn works but its full of water lmao

and iirc they will fail if there are lines due to ****e wipers
pmsl does it still sound then?

My front wipers are unsmooth and leave streaks and stuff on the windae. Is this a failure? Should I invest in new ones?
do you mean unsmooth as in they are not the flat ones you can get? lol

i LOL'd at "windae" :D

·
Pumped yer Maw!
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
By unsmooth I mean that actual blade is not flush with the window. There is "chips" out of the blade part, which leaves lines.
haha that was a brilliant description :) yeah mate sounds like you need to buy some new ones tbh!!

i use vinegar on mine :)

and my horn sounds but it sound like a fog horn! a quiet mumbly one tho lol
I meant to ask about that btw, is there any special way to use vinegar on them? like should i dilute so much of it with water or what? :S lol

pmsl surly that would fail as its faulty lol

which means ure wipers are foooked tbf lol
+1

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.