MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you all think is the max BHP you could get from a 105?
with things like, cams, full exhaust system, re-map, bigger throttle boddies... etc

could it be arround an extra 30 bhp ?

·
Registered
585 Posts
ah this sounds like a good thread to keep my eye on.....

yeah what are the best things you can do to the engine to max it up?

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
do you mean whilst keeping it N/A or can we have chargers on there, NOS, etc too?

because really you could just put a huge turbo on there and put boost massively high and see some insane power output with a seriously strong engine lol

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
lol because if you built it strong enough get a massive turbo on there and have the whole thing revving at 20k revs and you could probabally see like 500bhp easy enough lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
the question you need to start with is how strong is the engine? i find it sounds like its giving all it can,

New full decat exhaust 5-10bhp
larger throttle body 2-5bhp
New air filter with a good cold air feed 2-5bhp
and run it on better fuel than 95

·
Registered
585 Posts
is that really all you can do without going too into the high cash amounts £1,000+ etc help2003?

·
Registered
12,564 Posts
is that really all you can do without going too into the high cash amounts £1,000+ etc help2003?
£1k isn't high for n/a tuning, you will need a shed load more than that for impressive reliable figures from the k series.

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
lol £1k for tuning, that should just about buy you an exhaust system and induction kit, if that!

·
OEM +
19,034 Posts
go have a look at the amount of money andy_r140 has put into his car as its in the for sale section that started out as a 1.4 and hes poured 1000's into it and well its running a very nice set of figures now. but unless your willing to give up your hard earned cash to really well truely experiment your never going to see a justified answer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
cams, your talk money, new pistons your talking money, and a remap what for, its not like you will be getting an extra 100bhp, and your looking at £600 for your 1st remap just to get the licence for it, then when you get the 100bhp more, dont think your clutch or gearbox will be lasting that long, then you have the upgrade of brakes lol

Really world, and cheapest way

New full decat exhaust (if you leave the downpipe cat in you wont have much problems with running rich or lumby etc) 5-10bhp £300 Max
larger throttle body 2-5bhp £300 Max (but never seen one, or you could take your old one off and polish it up that will help it)
New air filter with a good cold air feed 2-5bhp £120ish people go for k&n and all the cars i have had none of them liked it, and well over priced, the best cone air filter i every had was called a Bomz,
and run it on better fuel than 95

·
Registered
585 Posts
nah i mean per part by that haah Im willing to spend on the car but not 1k for 1 part!

·
OEM +
19,034 Posts
Alos have a look at the spec of jonnos cars aka forestfighter, his is only a 1.4 and wlel down at PTM at santa pod earlier on this year. he was running a few seconds off mikers 160 times fair enough he had alot less weight but they were still bloody good times for a 1.4

what jonno has done to his i may be looking at doing that to mine in the future if i keep the car

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
N/A. superchargers would be fine tho lol.

seen a saxo vts with a supercharged engine and that had 250 BHP

·
Registered
585 Posts
hmmm where is a good place to look for engine parts?

·
:(
1,896 Posts
go faster stripe = 18bhp
chrome window wipers = 8bhp
shopping list stickers for down the side of the door = 2bhp each name i.e. ripspeed, max power
max power seat covers = 3bhp
driving without insurance = 152bhp, but can be costly

1 - 20 of 77 Posts