MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, doing my mk2 front conversion, just wondering how u get around the problem of having different plugs on the back of the headlights so they are not compatible.

·
Registered
8,904 Posts
arn't the plugs the same?

i thought they were...

thanks for asking this question though, as i will be doing my mk2 conversion soon :)

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
The headlight plug is the same but the headlamp level plug is different, You could just run without it if this is legal (not sure) or rewire it with some new connectors

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Pm Rory, he's done the conversion. :D

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
the plugs for the headlight levelers are different mate. the wiring is the same, just connectors are different.

the power plugs are the same though.

what i did was just go to an MOT centre and get them to line up my lights according to the beam thing that your car needs to be alligned to in order to pass an MOT. that way i had no need to ever adjust the beam so it was fine.

so for now, just put it all in, dont worry about those plugs then tommorow go and get them lined up. as for tonight, just hope they arent too misalligned lol! on my black car when i first did it they both pointed right at the floor, couldnt see anything lol!

rory

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
The headlight plug is the same but the headlamp level plug is different, You could just run without it if this is legal (not sure) or rewire it with some new connectors
its not illegal, so long as the beams are lined up properly according to the MOT beam pattern thing. they can adjust it there as i mentioned to make sure its all fine.

·
Slow Window TBF!
788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol yeh seen now they are all working fine, forgot the other one was for the aligment. I'll get that done tomorrow cheers rory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts