MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, tryed this function the other day and all i can hear is the motor for the screenwash trying to send water to the rear wiper, but its not working. I dont see any leaks on the headliner (very clean) and no water in the boot, anyone else come across this before?

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
yerp me, it just buzzes like its working when infact all you get occasionally is a little dribble lol plus my back wiper dont work either.....

mkII bootlid and dewipered needs doing

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mine is so disabled that it cant dribble. Maybe something is blocking the water travelling through the tube. How can i sort it out?

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
follow the tube along and see whats up, check for blockages etc orrr just get a whole new wiper, tubing etc just put some decent wax on the back window to keep it clean for longer lol

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
follow the tube along and see whats up, check for blockages etc orrr just get a whole new wiper, tubing etc just put some decent wax on the back window to keep it clean for longer lol
lol good advice, will give it ago.

·
160 Dude
867 Posts
could be the tube split where the boot hinges, pull back the rubber boot it goes through and have a looksie.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry which rubber bit? do i need to take the boot plastic capings off the tailgate?

·
160 Dude
867 Posts
on the left hand side of the hinged end of the boot, looks like coiled rubber.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Yeah check that, because that's where mine was snapped. Got some new tubing from Halfrauds, took about 10 minutes, worked a charm!

Of course it doesn't work anymore.... as I have no rear wiper!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Got the same thing going on with mine. Reckon the hose is disconnected at the tank-thingy (apols because I don't know the right words), because the fluid spews out at the front.

How do I access the tank to see what's going on? Looks like a bumper-off job, but I'm no expert.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have sorted this now! What I did was stick a pin in the jet holes which helped a little bit, then lifted the cap and poked the pin in the hole several times! then put the cap back and its perfect.!

p.s if you want to annoy the driver beind lift the cap of and the jet will squirt on his car (does it quite well lol)

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have sorted this now! What I did was stick a pin in the jet holes which helped a little bit, then lifted the cap and poked the pin in the hole several times! then put the cap back and its perfect.!

p.s if you want to annoy the driver beind lift the cap of and the jet will squirt on his car (does it quite well lol)

I posted a reply to this problem some time ago because it happens to me
and andylew will find this post because he is a clever b****rd and put it
on here for you to see.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts