MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do i get rid of this, its only in the one but its annoying.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
Get some rear lamp covers ;)

They are rubber numbers that seal the unit from moisture and dirt etc :)

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
I'm comin hoommmeee again
1,175 Posts
Best thing for mist in lights are the little bags from shoe boxes that soak the stuff up.
If you can put one on the back it will keep them water free

·
Registered
7,532 Posts
Best thing for mist in lights are the little bags from shoe boxes that soak the stuff up.
Silica gel bags. These will take moisture from the air but only very small amounts (unless you use a lot of them) plus they have a finite life and once they have absorbed the maximum amount then they stop working. They can and do need reactivating which can be done by putting them somewhere warm and dry which drives off the absorbed moisture and reactivates them. We used to use great big bags of the stuff in bandoleers that we hung over jet engines before putting them in MVP (Moisture, vapor Proof) bags. I am not sure how good the lights would look with these little bags in the bottom plus getting them in and out will be a pain. Youngy's idea is the best, get some protective boots that stop the ingress of moisture and once you have got the moisture in there then it will stay in there unless you remove it and replace it with dry air, so you may need to remove the light and put it somewhere and warm and dry like an airing cupboard before refitting.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
if anyone is looking any of these small bags i can get endless supplies of them from working in Puma... just send me a PM

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
heh aye ordog, i noticed your 'fish tank' earlier lol

·
the saaaaaaaaaaaame!
2,490 Posts
do what i said mate, just get some lids from deoerent/hairspray cans etc and silicone them on

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
do what i said mate, just get some lids from deoerent/hairspray cans etc and silicone them on
Yeah im gonna do that or DannyB said drill a tiny hole in the bottom of them. Depends on what i can be arsed to do on the day. :D

·
the saaaaaaaaaaaame!
2,490 Posts
Yeah im gonna do that or DannyB said drill a tiny hole in the bottom of them. Depends on what i can be arsed to do on the day. :D
i am dannyb you tool!

drilling the hole gets rid of the pond that is currently inside them! then put the lid tops on to stop anymore water getting in

·
I Like To Disco Dance
5,734 Posts
i am dannyb you tool!

drilling the hole gets rid of the pond that is currently inside them! then put the lid tops on to stop anymore water getting in
FPMSL !!!1!one!11!

Ordog that is a mega FAIL :rofl::chair:

·
Registered
8,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lmao i fecked up loads that day :rofl:

Thought i was still talking to Youngy :slap:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts