MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how u all doin i have a problem with my 2005 mg zr 105
The thing is i had a bad misfire so decided to change the coil packs and plugs which sorted it, but the other day while driving along the car started to what i think was misfire then the engine management light flashed on and when i slowed down it went off, i have found also that when quickly accelerating away and hitting the 4000rpm it starts to misfire again but no management light. can anyone help pinpoint the problem as it is really doing my head in
many thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it aint long been serviced but would that cause the engine management light to come on
thanks
Paul!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol na just had a stainless steel exhaust done yesterday it would have went BANG if that was the case

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
errrrm no wouldnt have thought so, happened in my dads old car and was chugging all the time and misfiring, changed the fuel filter and seemed to solve the problem like

·
Registered
12,616 Posts
i would take it to get checked over mate, a decet garage that will give it a good look, not some arseholethat just charges you fo a part you dont even need........barstards

·
Registered
506 Posts
neither one really expensive i paid tenner ish for fuel filter and on fuel economy with the new plugs i put in it paid for itself in week did the problem start after you had exhaust fitted?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no mate started when the standard exhaust snapped but the front lambda the cover over the wires look ifffy

·
Registered
506 Posts
fuel filter is mounted right next to the coolant bottle on the bulk head it i silver cylinder with solid pipe comin out of top and bottom it in a black bracket you will have to remove coolant bottle to get filter off but the coolant bottle just lifts out mate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cheers mate checked all the connectors on the coil packs gave them a wee spray with wd40 and put some injector cleaner in seems to be going good fingers crossed think it may have been dirty fuel

·
Registered
144 Posts
bit late to reply in the thread lol. i had the same problem changed the coil pack and plugs, still same problem then did the lamba sensor and it went!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts