MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
jus a qusestion for ne one who knows and by the way no offence ment has ne one taken one of there cars to the rolling road standard and checked the actual output only i raced a zr 110 and a 180 and one of those zs 220 things u know the big ones in anastra gte 16v which was 160 bhp and i pissed over all of them like i say no offence ment jus the question thats bin annoying i know for a fact that the zs weighs more so i had an advantage ther but the zr180 ?????

·
2,039 Posts
Depends what car youve got.........Zr 160......approx 160 bhp.......but there are a few on here with more than that :hiding:

·
Registered
659 Posts
GTE v ZS?

In a straight line? I used to have a 2.0 GTE and it would be no match for even a 105 on corners. The 16v is a great engine though

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
u would beat a 105 mate in a straight line, possible the 160 depending on the driver, but there isnt a ZS 220, top they go to is 180 mate

·
Registered
146 Posts
Do you mean a ZS 110 and a ZS 180 ?? but there is no ZS 220 . Me mate has his ZS badged as a 260 but that is 250 bhp from the 1.8 K Tub

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
MParker873 said:
hmmmm the driver skill comes into it here, Aunt Agatha in a ferrari testarossa still wouldnt be a match for Michael Schumacher in a Cortina. At the end of the day the rolling road decides the fastest
In a straight line, my money is still on Aunt Agatha............. and by the time the corner comes up, she will have crashed the Testarossa and blocked the road anyway, so's Schumacher still wouldn't win ;)

·
Registered
556 Posts
So this is comapring a modified car against a standard one.

The Astra GTE was only 136bhp in standard trim and no match for the ZR60 or ZS180 in either a straight line or around corners.

Seeing as a modified ZR160 can easily reach 180bhp and the ZS180 200bhp, both of these would have the better of the Astra when modified as well.

Not going to go into your experience as different drivers (especially those you don't know) drive in completely different ways. If you really want to know, then go to a track day where ZR160's are present and compare lap times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts