MG ZR Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi just a quick question which is faster a vtr basic or a basic 105 basic as in no electricks or mods in the zr because ive been told the vtr will be faster

thanks

·
Registered
537 Posts
iirc vtr 0-60 time is 9.9 secs whereas the zr is 10 secs

however i think the older VTRs had a less powerful engine than the newer models, im not 100% sure tho as im not clued up on my saxos and to be honest dont really want to be :p

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
There is nothing between them.

One of my best mates has a VTR and when I had my 105 we had many a debate about which was quicker and had many little races, on private land of course and they are very well matched.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
iirc vtr 0-60 time is 9.9 secs whereas the zr is 10 secs

however i think the older VTRs had a less powerful engine than the newer models, im not 100% sure tho as im not clued up on my saxos and to be honest dont really want to be :p
The newer ones are more powerful. I think the older ones were restircted somehow, similar case with the R25 1.4 being a restricted version of the ZR 1.4

Im not positive on this but it sounds very familiar.

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
older ones were running slightly less power, but they were still a tiny bit faster than the zr 105. the newer saxos take the zr 105 no problems what-so-ever!!

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
older ones were running slightly less power, but they were still a tiny bit faster than the zr 105. the newer saxos take the zr 105 no problems what-so-ever!!
What are they like compared with the 120 Rory? you any idea?

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
to be fair the saxo vtr will redline everyday of the week without going wrong, the 105 as we all know is not reliable.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
mk1 vtr 0-60 9.9 secs
mk1 vtr 0-60 9.1 secs
mg zr 105 0-60 10 secs

so ye vtr is quicker

ive got a mk2 105 zr now and i had a 1.4 saxo before and i would say they are similar performance so i wud b 99% sure a vtr wud b quicker than a 105

but zr's look better :)

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
One way to fair it up a bit would be to shed 200kg off the ZR, or chuck 2 fat blokes in the back of a VTR, then have a nice little race.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
My mate must be a ****e driver then either that or my zed was more tuned without me knowing it cos his 51 plate, mk2 VTR (quicker one) was near enough the same performance wise as my zed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.