MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, is it possible to fit a roof spoiler taken from a 2004 1.4 3 door ZR+ to a 5 door version. The reason I ask is because during the recent strong gusts, my spoiler was ripped off the roof. Although I have the spoiler which is still intact, it’s left a broken piece of plastic around one of the four bolt holes. I don’t think I can repair that without it weakening the spoiler once re-attached. I would hate for it to be blown off again on the motorway causing damage to another vehicle or causing a possible incident.
So I’ve found a breakers yard in Wales that has the same coloured spoiler for £50 posted but it’s for a 3 door version instead of my 5 door (black) model. Any thoughts please?

·
Administrator
146 Posts
If you are talking about spoiler which is attached to 5th door (boot/tailgate door), then there is no difference between 3 or 5 door version since it is attached to tailgate door which is the same in both variants.

If you are talking about roof racks then 3 and 5 door version are different and not interchangable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I’m talking about the spoiler attached to the 5th door. So that’s great news and I appreciate your help. Do you know if it’s easy to attach? And where does it connect to the electrics?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts