MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
No because they aren't available new anymore. That link looks like as good as it gets. If you want new ones you'll have to pay, they aren't going for that much money.

They're a bad idea in my opinion, they'll only encourage rust. Or hide it until it's too late.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Rimmer Bros had all the remaining sets, but sold the last a few months ago. They were priced as a clearance item at £40 a set.

If I recall correctly, when they were available from MG Sport & Racing in 2004/5 (they were an official XPower accessory), they had a price tag of over £100.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
It's of course individual taste but IMO they don't look right on ZR's to me. But as said above it does encourage rust or at least hide it until it's a costly repair, no matter how well you fit them moisture and dirt always find their way I some how.

But good luck with your search they are a fairly rare item these days. :)

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Rimmer Bros had all the remaining sets, but sold the last a few months ago. They were priced as a clearance item at £40 a set.

If I recall correctly, when they were available from MG Sport & Racing in 2004/5 (they were an official XPower accessory), they had a price tag of over £100.
Yeah I was going to say, I bought a set from them for £40 a few years ago... and then sold it as I didn't use them, mainly because I sold my ZR. Wanted to shove them on my MK2.

£100 is a bit much for 4 pieces of plastic tbh, could probably get something custom done for a bit more but with better looks.

I actually really like the idea of them, it's just that when you put them on I think they look a bit tacky, they look as though they've just been stuck on (which they are). Each to their own though!

Anyway, as mentioned, your only hope is getting it from the likes of ebay or getting extremely lucky and finding some in a scrappy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I payed £90 for a second hand set a couple years back now
sold them for £80 couple months back wen I got rid and got my zs

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Someone on MGRover.org is selling a set.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wide arch

hi i was just wondering if anyone knows where you can buy arch extensions been looking for months now and cant come across any?

any ideas?:wall:

Right now I'm modifying an MG ZR 160 1.8 VVC model year of 2004.
I have, among other things, modified bonnet, front and rear spoiler, side skirts, and right now I manufacture molds to widen the car by about 10cm. Will upload here some pictures of what I've done so far and then you get more and less live updates on the elaboration. That said, I have made molds to all parts, so if there would be interest, it is not impossible that I can cast in fiberglass few extra parts.

What is your MG modell?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts