MG ZR Forums banner

1 - 20 of 229 Posts

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the bmw would be about 2000 reg and zr would be 03/04 ??

they are both about 120bhp
0-60 - 8.4 - zr
0-60 - 10 - bmw

bmw rear wheel drive = better
but ZR more fun

its a hard choice what would you go for (not being bias haha)

cheers

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
erm it depends which shape the beemer would be mate, so long as its not one of the older ones then do it, would be proper nice!

if its one of the older ones then zr 120 all the way...

also depends what sort of image you want! both cars give very different image! for me right now i think a 3 series would suit me better.... but i've got a zr and i can't complain! but really depends what you want!

neither.sorry but you couldnt handle the 105.
dnt be a nob bro just because everyone else slates him.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
well the bmw is going to be more expensive to buy, and maintain. I doubt you can afford a decent example.
But if you did, the 318 isn't a bad car at all, it's not outright fast but it does have a nice spread of torque that makes a lovely drive. It's an all round much better car, the only thing I find annoying is parking but I'm not used to driving a saloon, hatchbacks are a piece of pisss to park.

It's depends what you want from a car, bit of a stupid question.

·
2.0 GT T-bar :D
3,305 Posts
the bmw is gonna be a smoother car and more comfort and probably get your more poon which is pretty much what its all about eh ?!

Poon for the win!

Id go for the 120 tho :), unless you have trouble getting poon of course

·
Banned
8,794 Posts
RWD car at 17 is a stupid idea. your going to want to have too much fun with it, if you dab the throttle around a wet roundabout. youve spun and hit everything on the way around.

·
GOT OWNED BY THE LAW
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im not slating him or being a nob. Hes 17, younger than me and i find the zr fast as it is and thats a 105. Let alone the insurance paying etc. I dont get how he can handle a car thats a lot quicker when he couldnt handle a 105.
how could i neot handle it yeh i crashed before i passed 4 months ago since then ive drove soo much and had loads of experience then an old lady crashed into mi NOT MY FAULT nothing to do with my hadling of the car so be quite about not bein able to hadle the car

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
RWD car at 17 is a stupid idea. your going to want to have too much fun with it, if you dab the throttle around a wet roundabout. youve spun and hit everything on the way around.
mmm not really, they have traction control etc so it's hard to loose tbh, that and the lack of power... Then again he did list rwd as the main pro so he's bound to go to a sideways death!

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
I wouldn't recommend the 318 on that higher mileage if I'm honest, I would any of the 6 cylinder engines but not the 316 or 318. The 318 is also carried on from the e36 (old shape) 3 series so the engine is getting on too. My mate had a 318 on similar mileage and had lots of problems.

You get people saying 'it's a bmw it's only just run in' - Thats cod****.

·
IN for Mod hate!
25,170 Posts
how could i neot handle it yeh i crashed before i passed 4 months ago since then ive drove soo much and had loads of experience then an old lady crashed into mi NOT MY FAULT nothing to do with my hadling of the car so be quite about not bein able to hadle the car
sorry, you have beemn driving for 4 months and have ahd loads of experience, BOLLOCKS..

I've been driving 6 years now and im still learning

Anything other that a ****ty 1.2 corsa for you is a waste and will end up in a field or worse someone elses car..

Get real, your 17, haver a crash 4 months driving, and (im still not sure why your not banned from driving after the little stunt) you want a rwd car, when you can hardly drive a fecking front wheeled one..

you are a prime example of what Bri was talking bout

1 - 20 of 229 Posts