MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I’ve got a little zr but have a part missing from the inside of the sunroof and need help with what goes there and what I need to replace, any help is much appreciated and any links would be amazing I can’t even find where to open the thing
340C19D2-6ABE-4C77-943E-71709A3D090C.jpeg

·
Registered
ZR 105 (IAB) ZR+120 (HQM)
1,369 Posts
Not sure that I can help - that looks like an aftermarket sun hatch rather than an MG Rover factory fit electric tilt/slide one. Yours looks as though it requires some kind of splined key/handle to wind the hatch up and down manually. (I would think there ought to be a plastic cover over the mechanism too). You would need to know what make it is to stand a chance of sourcing the right bits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure that I can help - that looks like an aftermarket sun hatch rather than an MG Rover factory fit electric tilt/slide one. Yours looks as though it requires some kind of splined key/handle to wind the hatch up and down manually. (I would think there ought to be a plastic cover over the mechanism too). You would need to know what make it is to stand a chance of sourcing the right bits.
Thank you yeah I’m having a nightmare with it really, I’m not even sure how I’d find the brand of it, I’m at a loss my only solution was going to be to try find a rover 25 and see if they have a manual one I can swap but it’s been a nightmare

·
Registered
2 Posts
A shot in the dark being an aftermarket hatch but try looking on rimmer bros. website. They have the parts catalogue online with drawings

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reply they say they can’t help as they don’t do the manual one so I’m going to just buy a blanking plate and remove it completely I think

1 - 5 of 5 Posts