MG ZR Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Living a Zr life
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the mg is back on sale as from tomorrow the new mg tf le500
i went to the dealer just to find out some info on it i sat inside it and i loved it the inside is amazing i hope this time mg stays for good :D

·
Banned
8,794 Posts
over an mx5 yes. but yea thats true. new cars are overrated. I think the true value of a car is what price they go for when they have about 5,000 miles on them and one owner tbh. id never buy a new car.. unless i was minted or just wanted a perfect perfect model of a car.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
for 16k.. theres so many more cars id get!
The equivalent TF under MGR ownership would be more than £23.000. The "LE" is fully specced even with parking sensors & a hard top roof. The front end is re-styled & the engine s the "N" series which is a modified "K" series.
This is only a short life model as a face-lift is out next year with an AL NEW TF out in 2010 hopefully & a range of saloons too!

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
The best MGR could come up with to try and prove people wrong and rise from the ashes, they unveil a car older than me. What the hell are they playing at??
It's not MGR they went bust in 2005! Surely you are older than 13?

·
1,232 Posts
The equivalent TF under MGR ownership would be more than £23.000.
MG TF 135 £17,745.00
Hard Top (Body Coloured) £1,295
Air Conditioning £1,125
Sports Pack 2 £700
Leather Trim £625
Metallic Paint Finish £345
Passenger Airbag £275
Rear Parking Distance Sensors £265
Bright Pack £175 (well, some cars have the bright pack)
Windstop £150
Temporary Spare Wheel (16") £125
CD/MP3 Tuner £100
Hood Cover £50
TOTAL £22,975

Going by dealer discounts or the PVS, the TF usually had about 20% knocked off its RRP (or 25% for the 160), which would bring the total down to £18,380 (or £17,231.25).

Okay, so the LE500 is a special edition, lets compare it to the nearest spec MG Rover SE, the Sunstorm

"The TF Sunstorm SE is offered in three body colour options – Raven Black, Nightfire Red and Starlight Silver. The lined body-coloured hardtop is complemented by a Smokestone coloured interior and Gunsmoke Alcantara®/ black leather seats, leather steering wheel, ‘Momo’ leather and alloy gear knob and a single slot CD tuner. The specification includes a black hood, bright pack, 16" 11-spoke alloy wheels and MG/AP Racing disc brakes, front fog lamps and body coloured electric door mirrors. The Sunstorm SE is available with a choice of engines with three power outputs 115, 135 or 160Ps...Available in the UK, only 500 Sunstorm SEs are being produced."

Spec it to match the LE500,
MG TF 135 Sunstorm Special Edition £18,845
Air conditioning £1125
Passenger airbag £275
Rear Parking Distance Sensors £265
Windstop £150
Spare wheel (16" alloy) £125
CD/MP3 tuner £100
TOTAL £20,885

With the PVS/Dealer Discount of 16.50% that would bring the total to £17,438.97.

The non LE edition (rumoured at £14,999) will be much more intresting if dealers give suitable discounts off the RRP.

·
W.G.M. Flying the green
430 Posts
It's not MGR they went bust in 2005! Surely you are older than 13?
Call the company what you want, its essentially the moden day equivalent of the MGB, midget, f, tf or whatever else they did. Nothing "spectacular", "special" or "different" in my book.

Yeah I am over 13 lol I just turned 16 and I am slowly building my car up so when I turn 17 so I can drive it!! I already got a K&N, 56mm throttle body and an AWESOME rage exhaust system (custom welded for my car!!!). I could only afford the 1.1 8V but trust me, against my mates 1.4 seat and his brothers golf, they very quickly become a spec in my rear mirror!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.